Nuforce ne-700x or Brainwavz m2?
Jun 21, 2011 at 8:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Vocaloid

New Head-Fier
Hi, i'm looking for a new pair of earphones. I've only owned cheap skullcandy and sony earphones in the past, so almost anything would be a step up. 
After skimming through the forums a little, I narrowed down my choices to Nuforce ne-700x or Brainwavz m2. (they're both in my price range and have good reviews.
I need help choosing between the two, but I'm open to other suggestions. (I'd prefer not to spend more than $100.)

Jun 21, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #2 of 5
Depends what kind of music you listen to.  For dubstep/rap/trance...either of those two would be fantastic.  If you listen to any rock/metal/country/acoustic...I think you'd be better off with Brainwavz M3 instead.  A little more expensive, but a much more balanced earphone overall.

Jun 22, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the advice. I listen to a variety of music, but I guess my preferences lean more towards rock/alternative type of music. 
Would the ne-700x and M2 be decent for rock/alternative?
I took a look at the M3, but I'm worried that the design may be a little uncomfortable because of the little "arm" things on the earbuds.
Any other suggestions? 

Jun 23, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #4 of 5
still looking for more opinions/suggestions~

oh, I'm also a bit concerned about durability. Are the Nuforce ne-700x and Brainwavz M2 durable? My previous earbuds have all died due to problems near the jack, so I'd like a pair of earbuds with a cable made to last..

I saw the Jbuds J4 on amazon and they seemed pretty tough. Does anyone have experience with those?
The reviews on amazon contradict each other.. some say that they're super durable and others say they only lasted about 2 months :x

Aug 9, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #5 of 5
Am loving my 700X, after some initial misgivings - I came from their predecessor the NU NE-7m.

I listen to all sorts - Royksopp, Nick Cave, Soundgarden, Radiohead, Metallica, classical, blues.

They are great :)

My NE-7Ms survived through 18 months of daily public transport use, and a few trips around the states - still work just fine. The 700X seem just as well made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back