NuForce NE 6
Sep 3, 2010 at 6:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

blackz88

100+ Head-Fier
Hello

I recently just purchased a NuForce NE6 from a seller on Trademe for the original price $39 USD + Shipping

Waiting on them to arrive

In the mean time, any information on them?

Thanks

Sep 4, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #2 of 14
Have you read the extensive comparative reviews by joker and ClieOS? Both include the NE-6/7M in their reviews. You do know that the NE-6 is the mic-less version of the NE-7M, right?

HeadphoneAddict wrote a very thorough (and highly complimentary) review back early 2009 or so.

They have frequently been identified as a point of comparison for IEM's in that price range since lots of us have experience with them.

I still have a pair, but they don't get any listening time anymore, because I'm so fond of the Fischer DBA-02's. 

Sep 4, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #3 of 14
I used to own the ne-6. They have nice bass quantity, but they are not as clear and trebly as I would like. I bought the RE0 after I sold the ne-6, and honestly, I think that they trump them in every way including clarity. The ne-6 has a likable and sound signature if you listen to hip-hop, though. BTW, they are pretty small in form factor and look pretty slick with the shiny blue shell.

Sep 5, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #5 of 14

Quote:
Hello
So would you recommend me getting the Re0 and spending a bit more money?
Or just buy the NuForce and Stay with it?

Well, there are a lot of options for the same price as the RE0. Did you buy the ne-6 already, or is it too late to purchase? The perfect headphones for the price points are the Head direct RE0, the Hippo VB, and the Fischer audio eterna. Why don't you take a look at the reviews that joker and clieOS have made just for you :)

There are other IEMs that are in lower price ranges too, it's all up to you and how much you want to spend.

Sep 5, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #7 of 14

Quote:
What abut Monster Turbine
I asked for a refund on the NuForce since he havent shipped it out

The monster turbine (regular one) is out ranked by the hippo vb (bass oriented phones) in terms of sound quality. The hippo vb is also almost a third of the price if you but the monster turbine at retail price.

Sep 5, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #9 of 14

Quote:
What about Monster Turbines for $120 altogether shipping included?

Re0 or Re Zero better thna Turbines?

RE0 beats the regular turbines in terms of clarity and detail, hands down. Unless you really like bass quantity, in which, you should just go for the hippo vb anyways.

Sep 5, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #10 of 14
So turbines are useless compared to re0s?

Whats the difference between Re0 and Rezero?
Both 3.5mm plugs right?

Is it good to spend the extra $20 on a Rezero?
Cause im not gonna use the adapters or amps with it, just the earphones

Sep 5, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #11 of 14

Quote:
So turbines are useless compared to re0s?

Whats the difference between Re0 and Rezero?
Both 3.5mm plugs right?

Is it good to spend the extra $20 on a Rezero?
Cause im not gonna use the adapters or amps with it, just the earphones

But the RE-0, because with the RE-zero, you have to use the adapter with it, as it has a different polarity plug.
The monster turbine isn't "useless," it's just that the market has better ones for lower prices these days.

Sep 5, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #12 of 14
Well so i shouldnt be getting a turbine off amazon for $100 since it is such a good deal?
Is there really so much difference of the Zero and 0?

Think i will be getting the 0's since they dont require a adaper

Sep 6, 2010 at 1:28 PM Post #13 of 14

Quote:
Well so i shouldnt be getting a turbine off amazon for $100 since it is such a good deal?
Is there really so much difference of the Zero and 0?

Think i will be getting the 0's since they dont require a adaper

Hey, didn't I mention the hippo vb? If you up your budget a little, you can get a very good one, the radius DDM, for almost the same price as the turbine, but better in all ways. If you like the turbines so much, you must like bass, right? These two are right up your alley for bass oriented phones. RE0 is not as bassy as these, but it still shows good bass quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back