NuForce icon mobile or iBasso T3?
Jun 17, 2010 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ianmedium

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi folks.

I am trying to decide between these two (unless there are better at the same price!) to use with my iPod 160gig latest generation, ie8's and qables silvercad lod.

All my music is lossless and I listen mainly to acustic, folk,Wagner opera's 50's/60's jazz and chamber music.

I am using Gary's amp at the moment which is great but a little warm for the ie8's I feel.

I am willing to go up to $150 but no more as I am thinking of the jh3a/16 combo early next year but in the meantime want a little more mid an treble clarity and naturalness.

Thanks in advance for yourt houghts and thank you headphone addict for your valuable input in your PM!

Jun 18, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #3 of 10
Thanks so much Mark, that was what Headphoneaddict was saying as well, the other advantage is that I can get the icon here in Canada so no problems with customs fee's which can really add up!

Jun 18, 2010 at 10:02 AM Post #4 of 10
Edit!
Decided to go for the icon through one of the forum sponsers, fulcrum audio, great price and excellent service!

Jun 18, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #5 of 10
Just an update!

Just ordered the icon from forum sponsers Fulcrum Audio. They were great to deal with and it is refreshing for us up here in Canada to be able to obtain a product at the same price as it is in the States.

We normally pay a hefty premium!

Jun 18, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #7 of 10
Thanks Mark, yours and HA's advice really helped. Just have to wait a week and a half now as the black on is out of stock and then it is burn in time!

I guess the best way would be to attatch it to my computer and then run music through it and then through headphones?

Jun 18, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #9 of 10
Oh Ok, I know HA said it gave it's best after about 200 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back