Nuforce HEM Discussion & Impressions
Aug 15, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #303 of 533

Alternatively, @jyri - is there anywhere in the UK I can order a replacement braided cable for the HEM8, as I can't see anything on the main Optoma/Nuforce website?

I´m so sorry to be late with this one. 
Yes we can help directly. Please PM me your contact details and I´ll ask our UK office to contact you. 

Aug 15, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #305 of 533
Would you recommended changing the filter? Did you change them using Rtymotics filter changing tool, or does nuforce provide one?

Well i changed the filter to brighten up the sound a bit. I had to modify the etymotic filter tool because by itself it isnt narrow enough to reach the filter. To me its worth it but im used to bright and analytical iems.

Aug 17, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #306 of 533
For anyone needing to swap out cables on the HEM range, the 2-pin cables on the new Trinity Audio Phantom range work as they have the same pin size and small notch in the socket to ensure they are correctly aligned. Discovered that while I wait for jyri to put me in touch with the Nuforce repairs representative in the UK - handy substitute while I am trying to get a replacement organised.

Aug 22, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #307 of 533
Hey everyone. I wrote a review of the HEM 8's if anyone wants to check it out :)

http://www.transversomedia.com/articles//nuforce-hem-8-new-music-tech-gear-review

Sep 1, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #309 of 533
I assume no one else is willing to wreck their cables. I made a video showing how easy it is to ruin the one that came with my HEM2. Other than that, damn fine sound. I'd be happy if it was a flagship. 

I commented on the review over at HFN. I've heard the HEM lineup and was immediately taken with HEM2. Fantastic IEM, especially for a single-BA design. While I haven't specifically tried to damage the cable, I have sent the HEM lineup to several of my headfi buddies to test out, and the braided cable was always attached to the IEM when they left and returned and look brand new.

Sep 1, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #310 of 533
That was also an oddly interesting point to me - I've been reasonably active with the HEM2 with the braided cable and while I haven't directly tested it's strength, I haven't exactly been careful. Might test it later since the more recent Trinity cables are compatible and I have an abundance of them. Otherwise, agreed on all counts about the sound.

Sep 1, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #312 of 533
Seems like a few of us discriminating listeners agree that HEM2 is a superb, sleeper but of an IEM :wink:

I don't know that I qualify as a discriminating listener but I do love the HEM2's. I actually prefer them the HEM8's!

On a side note, I've been using the HEM's with Shure black olive tips with good success. 

Sep 1, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #313 of 533

I don't know that I qualify as a discriminating listener but I do love the HEM2's. I actually prefer them the HEM8's!

On a side note, I've been using the HEM's with Shure black olive tips with good success. 

I go back and forth between whether I like HEM2 or HEM8 better. That says a hell of a lot for the great job NuForce did with HEM2!

Sep 2, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #314 of 533

If you dig the HEM2 that much, you're a discerning listener. I've never had a single-driver earphone grow on me so much, and in so little time.

Sep 3, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #315 of 533

I go back and forth between whether I like HEM2 or HEM8 better. That says a hell of a lot for the great job NuForce did with HEM2!

If you dig the HEM2 that much, you're a discerning listener. I've never had a single-driver earphone grow on me so much, and in so little time.

It's not about being a "discriminating listener" sometimes. Music is all about enjoyment, and sometimes a session listening to some three chord dive bar blues just sounds better than Beethoven. The HEM8 is more technically impressive, but the HEM2 had that immediate enjoyment factor that hit you when you pop them in - that is difficult to find in any price range, never mind the <$200 single armature bracket. Very well engineered piece of kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back