Nuforce HEM Discussion & Impressions
Apr 13, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #151 of 533
I am completely surprised to the lack of activity or interest shown by head fi on these IEMs. 

Hopefully things will pick up after the 250 or so units from the Massdrop buy hit people's hands in early May. Personally, I'm looking forward to my first all-BA iem (obviously hoping to land the HEM8, but resigned to getting the HEM2) - been firmly rooted in the hybrid or dynamic only camp on my iem journey so far.

Apr 13, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #152 of 533
I'll be getting a pair in later this week and looking forward to it. Last 4ba iem I had was the tg334 which had a little too much mid-bass so yes they can produce a good amount of bass. The Final Audio's I I own, heaven 6 and 8 have nice warm bass that satisfies also.

Apr 13, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #153 of 533
I have to admit sub bass is not the strong suit of the HEM8. There is plenty of bass impact and depth however,  I would describe the sub bass as a bit soft especially compared to hybrids or dynamic earphones but for everything else these stand out and clearly deserve recognition IMO.

Imaging makes up for any lack of sub bass there are on these for certain.

Apr 13, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #154 of 533
  I am completely surprised to the lack of activity or interest shown by head fi on these IEMs. 

Although it might not be "good" for NuForce business, for me it's better that way. We don't need another hype-fest. I, and about 250 others, await Massdrop RNG's decision.

Apr 13, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #155 of 533

I'm not sure either. The reception so far seems to be pretty positive. I use these or the K10U for my everyday listening. I feel like they are very good all around from fit to sound. The only DAP/device I don't use them with is the Mojo, Aune M2 and B1, and the QP1R. 

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #156 of 533

Although it might not be "good" for NuForce business, for me it's better that way. We don't need another hype-fest. I, and about 250 others, await Massdrop RNG's decision.

No worries I don't ever recall a hype fest for any NuForce product, even the Primo 8.  But also due to the fact that they have never made an earphone quite to the level of the HEM8. This might change however with more and more input from the community.  It will be interesting to see what the massdrop crowd has to say about the HEM phones. 

IMO the HEM8 is what the Primo 8 should have been. It is to my ears a leap in SQ from the primo 8 and this is from extensive A B testing.
I have been using these non stop since I got them only to appreciate their full capable sound more now than ever.  The HEM8 might not be the end game earphone people are looking for but they should come very close and sound just as good as anything I have ever heard if not better.

I think in due time the HEM8 will be the attention of Headfi.

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #157 of 533
  I'm not sure either. The reception so far seems to be pretty positive. I use these or the K10U for my everyday listening. I feel like they are very good all around from fit to sound. The only DAP/device I don't use them with is the Mojo, Aune M2 and B1, and the QP1R. 

Synergy for me would be my DX90. Probably the best sounding using the HEM8 over any other earphone I have used with it my FX850 would be a close 2nd.  I wasn't all that impressed using the HEM8 out of my ICAN. It didn't sound much better if at all over my DX90. Simpler seems to jive better with these earphones. 

Apr 20, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #160 of 533
I received my HEM8 (direct purchase) and its proving to be a solid sounding item. My initial impression is that its hitting all the marks for my needs yet a little restrained. I will also say that the tip mod did open them up some I'll report back after a little more use. But so far thumbs up. 
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 20, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #161 of 533
I received my HEM8 (direct purchase) and its proving to be a solid sounding item. My initial impression is that its hitting all the marks for my needs yet a little restrained. I will also say that the tip mod did open them up some I'll report back after a little more use. But so far thumbs up. :ksc75smile:

Curious if you still prefer the tip mod after HEM8 is run in. I switched back to stock tips after the sound settled.

Apr 21, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #162 of 533
Anyone know how long it usually takes for Massdrop to post stuff overseas (I'm in the UK). Waiting for the grab bag goodies - I'm actually hoping for a 2 - need a warm knockabout IEM for day to day and light gym use so think the 2 might fit the bill judging by initial reviews. Obviously wouldn't turn down an 8 if one dropped I through my letterbox tho! :wink:

May 3, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #164 of 533
I was Lucky enough to receive an HEM6 from the Massdrop Blue Box. I'm now giving them some burn-in time before stating my personal opinions on its sound. However listening for the first time right now, they do sound a bit murky/veiled so I'm leaning towards burn-in being necessary to open them up. We shall see. I have to say though, A+ on the packaging. It was a pleasant experience un-boxing these IEMs. Also, the braided cable is impressive in look and feel. More later.

Side question: if these have 3 drivers per earpiece, is it split 3-ways? As in, one for each section of the frequency (lows, mids, highs). Just curious.

May 3, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #165 of 533
  I was Lucky enough to receive an HEM6 from the Massdrop Blue Box. I'm now giving them some burn-in time before stating my personal opinions on its sound. However listening for the first time right now, they do sound a bit murky/veiled so I'm leaning towards burn-in being necessary to open them up. We shall see. I have to say though, A+ on the packaging. It was a pleasant experience un-boxing these IEMs. Also, the braided cable is impressive in look and feel. More later.

Side question: if these have 3 drivers per earpiece, is it split 3-ways? As in, one for each section of the frequency (lows, mids, highs). Just curious.

Congrats. 
etysmile.gif

If you feel the sound is murky/veiled then those should definitely open up after burn-in. In fact I think you will hear a clear transition to a more open sound. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back