Nuforce HEM Discussion & Impressions
Mar 28, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #46 of 533
In the next day or so I hope to run these through on a different amp and will update my post with impressions.

Mar 28, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #47 of 533
  In the next day or so I hope to run these through on a different amp and will update my post with impressions.

Hello Armaegis,

First of all thank you for the shotgun review. Very interesting to read. 
We highly value Your feedback. So if I may ask... Any chance to break in the units for 10-20h more? Based on what I read I think this would improve the performance, and your experience, drastically. There are quite few notes which do not seem correct to me (from the "real expected" performance point of view).

Also, I happen to be quite familiar with the NuPrime uDSD. Although it is a great product frankly I have to say that it does not do justice for the HEMs. So testing with different amps should also improve the experience. 

I am quite confident that the above changes would improve Your experience with the HEMS. I am very much looking forward of your further impressions. 
L3000.gif

Jyri

Mar 28, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #49 of 533

Hello Armaegis,

First of all thank you for the shotgun review. Very interesting to read. 
We highly value Your feedback. So if I may ask... Any chance to break in the units for 10-20h more? Based on what I read I think this would improve the performance, and your experience, drastically. There are quite few notes which do not seem correct to me (from the "real expected" performance point of view).

Also, I happen to be quite familiar with the NuPrime uDSD. Although it is a great product frankly I have to say that it does not do justice for the HEMs. So testing with different amps should also improve the experience. 

I am quite confident that the above changes would improve Your experience with the HEMS. I am very much looking forward of your further impressions. 
L3000.gif

Jyri

Each unit got roughly 8 hours playtime so far.

I was getting the feeling that the uDSD was not suitable, but since it was the piece of gear I was most familiar with, I decided to stick with it for the sake of consistency (no sense stacking 4 new iems on top of an unfamiliar chain). I did notice that my impressions were not matching with others; I typically do not read other reviews until I've finished with mine so as to not skew my own thoughts, but they *usually* fall somewhat in line with others.

I currently have an Aune B1 (amp) and M2 (dap) that I am familiarizing myself with, and hope to use those and do a quick run-through with the HEM family soon. I look forward to hearing any changes/improvements from that!

Mar 28, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #53 of 533
  It is 2 pins. I'm using an alo audio cable Tinsel cable with them now. 

Is it the angled 2 pin or non angled? I'm trying to ascertain that if I purchased the HEM earphones and upgraded the cable, if the cable would work with my FLC8s as well. It also has 2 pin connector (triple fi style) with 74 mm pins. The longer pins aren't what I want.

Mar 28, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #54 of 533

Is it the angled 2 pin or non angled? I'm trying to ascertain that if I purchased the HEM earphones and upgraded the cable, if the cable would work with my FLC8s as well. It also has 2 pin connector (triple fi style) with 74 mm pins. The longer pins aren't what I want.

I don't think it is the Triple fi style, I believe it is the 92 mm pins. I have been using three different 2 pin cables so far, and they are the same fit as my K10U.

Mar 28, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #55 of 533
How's the comfort/isolation with these?
I just got a Massdrop email with a random version of these which I'm considering.
Do they protrude much? Can they be worn lying on your side?

Mar 28, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #57 of 533
How's the comfort/isolation with these?
I just got a Massdrop email with a random version of these which I'm considering.
Do they protrude much? Can they be worn lying on your side?

I find them to be pretty comfortable when using the JVC spiral tip mod listed in this thread. The stock cable is also very light. For me, they don't protrude at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back