Now that I got my re0s should I get an mp3 player?
Nov 11, 2010 at 1:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mmamanx

New Head-Fier
My main music player is my phone (samsung captivate) and I was thinking should I get a dedicated mp3 player? Perhaps it will sound better. So any suggestions? Please no touch screens or anything like that just plain ol button mp3 player, I was looking into some sony sones, not sure though. Also I don't need tons of memory either, 16-32 gb is fine.

Nov 11, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #2 of 9
you're phone should be fine, but if you're looking for an mp3 player, i'd reccommend the sansa fuze. I LOVE mine. it looks sexy, is well build, has expandable memory, and sounds great. the best part about it is that it only costs around $100 for the 16gb version.

Nov 11, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #4 of 9

Cant go wrong with this suggestion. I have one using an LOD to my Pico Slim with my Sm3. Amazing little DAP.
Quote:
you're phone should be fine, but if you're looking for an mp3 player, i'd reccommend the sansa fuze. I LOVE mine. it looks sexy, is well build, has expandable memory, and sounds great. the best part about it is that it only costs around $100 for the 16gb version.

Nov 11, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #5 of 9
From what I've heard the captivate is supposed to have pretty good sound quality, so you should be fine with your phone for now, but I really dont know anything about captivate SQ vs fuze SQ

Nov 11, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #6 of 9
mmamanx, it might be that nobody here has heard the Captivate, and so nobody can comment on whether it improves sound quality.
A dedicated MP3 player can definitely help you conserve phone battery life though.

Nov 11, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #7 of 9
Nov 11, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
...Or not. Curse you, Search function and your potential to embarrass me!

haha, sorry about that.

but yeah, I agree with eric_c that getting a dedicated mp3 player can help free up some battery life, but if thats not a concern, you should spend the money on a portable amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back