(Now Finished) PCM2902 USB-S/PDIF PCB Group Buy
Apr 26, 2005 at 12:30 AM Post #151 of 218
got mine but i have no idea where to get the parts for it
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2005 at 12:36 AM Post #152 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by dsavitsk
You can now add all of the DigiKey parts to an order with one button click. Just go to http://www.ecp.cc/dk.html

You should still proof the list to make sure it is correct. Quantities are the higher of necessary or minimum order number

-d.

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize that link doesn't work anymore.....
confused.gif

Got my boards in today, thanks Guzzler!

Apr 26, 2005 at 12:22 PM Post #156 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbz
settle grettle, most of us haven't got our boards yet
tongue.gif

I count 12 on this page alone; surely someone has soldered one up

I’m interested in results to gauge what to expect somewhat from the one I got on my upcoming DAC

Apr 26, 2005 at 12:28 PM Post #157 of 218
Quote:

I count 12 on this page alone; surely someone has soldered one up

...still waiting for digikey to deliver the parts...thats my excuse anyway :wink:

Apr 26, 2005 at 5:15 PM Post #159 of 218
My stuff arrived (I got a USB DAC kit too). Both of these are a lot smaller than I expected. They should be fun to build. I won't be able to start for a few weeks though.

Apr 26, 2005 at 9:54 PM Post #160 of 218
Arrived in Zurich today with a USB DAC kit also. Thanks for all the hard work Gus. Just happy there is professional smd soldering station with a microscope at work. Those DAC IC's are tiny.

Botch

Apr 27, 2005 at 1:28 AM Post #161 of 218
Got mine in Worcester, Ma on Monday (4/25) - thanks! Now to buy a very small soldering tip and/or cyborg super-eyes...

Apr 28, 2005 at 4:57 AM Post #165 of 218
For guzzler and any others who are currently building I'll post a pic of all SMD parts for the board that guzzler shipped, + dac + regulator. I have the inverters, however because I will run the signal directly into an ISO150 i won't use it.

Despite how it looks it appears as though it will work. The method to get the IC on in the absense of any soldering flux was to simply gob the legs full of solder, then use a desoldering braid over all the legs, that left that brown stuff. But no solder bridges remain (except the ones that need to be).

Here's my effort:
usbdac.jpg

/EDIT: SMDs were done using a 13watt pencil. Guzzler the heat relief connections on the bottom 2 caps were way too large for my liking. The iron did not like working with that at all, and it was very hard to make the soldier stick to the pad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back