Not sure which cheap headphones to go for
Jun 16, 2019 at 2:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bradwiggo

New Head-Fier
Looking to buy some headphones for around £50, although preferably less. The ones I am currently looking at are https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...c16-d4b886747c64&pf_rd_r=0J8PCWQ88H9BC5VDYCRE, there isn't much about them online although some people seem to say they don't fit fully over your ear. I also noticed a lot of AKG headphones for under £50 on Amazon, their K52, K72 and K92,.

What would be my best option, I am basically looking for something with not too much bass (as I don't like bass), that are comfortable and also that sound better than the earpods/airpods. Also would prefer closed back as I don't want sound leak.

What would be my best option, I'm not sure about the KG ones as I don't know much about them. If the One Odio ones sat partially on your ear instead of gong fully over it, could this cause vibrations which would make them uncomfortable?

What do you think I should go for?

Another thing I read was that the AKG ones can press on your ear as they aren't deep enough to fit over them, is this true?

Jun 16, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #2 of 3
You may want to look at the Klipsch 6 ii in ear monitors. I got a pair on Amazon to use away from home for just $44 usd. What Hi Fi gave them 5 stars and wrote a nice review. For the price, I agree.

If you do not care for their eartips, (I could not get a consistently comfortable and secure seal), try the Complyfoam.com replacements. Their website has a size finder where you select the make and model of iems and they provide the ear tip models that fit. They also have a S/M/L variety pack so you can find the best fit for your ears (on Amazon for about $15). A good fit is critical for comfort and to make your iems sound right. All of my iems end up with complyfoam eartips sooner rather than later.

Happy Hunting! Hope this helps.

Dec 17, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #3 of 3
Looking to buy some headphones for around £50, although preferably less. The ones I am currently looking at are https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...c16-d4b886747c64&pf_rd_r=0J8PCWQ88H9BC5VDYCRE, there isn't much about them online although some people seem to say they don't fit fully over your ear. I also noticed a lot of AKG headphones for under £50 on Amazon, their K52, K72 and K92,.

What would be my best option, I am basically looking for something with not too much bass (as I don't like bass), that are comfortable and also that sound better than the earpods/airpods. Also would prefer closed back as I don't want sound leak.

What would be my best option, I'm not sure about the KG ones as I don't know much about them. If the One Odio ones sat partially on your ear instead of gong fully over it, could this cause vibrations which would make them uncomfortable?

What do you think I should go for?

Another thing I read was that the AKG ones can press on your ear as they aren't deep enough to fit over them, is this true?
I've used these for just over a year and I'm pretty happy with these considering that I had realistic expectations and used them suitably. long story short, if you're not here for the bass, They are probably not the most worthwhile options out there, though with a good source and the right eq, they can be fairly acceptable for non bass-centered music. but holyyyyyy, with an amp and bass eq, these are basshead cannons, they can become some real brain massagers. In either of these instances, I found an amp to actually make a significant difference to how they sound overall, more noticable with basssy music but still with non bassy music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back