Not sure what I am looking for exactly, Can someone help?
Jan 24, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #31 of 32

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the sum up! only 1 part confuses me, (so if i got another amp, i would plug my Yulong in the Red and White of the other amp, and plug my headphones into the new amp correct?)

I can't wait to get this! need more $ atm though!

oh and any ideas on how to configure my media player (mediajukebox) to make sure the AWISO settings or whatever are correct and working once I get the DAC?

Yep, you'd connect the analogue output RCA red and white of the Yuloong to the analogue input RCA red and white of the headphone amp and then use the 1/4'' jack on the headphone amp for your headphones and IEMs.

Quote:
In order to use WASAPI output you will need to switch either to Foobar 2000 (free) or JRiver Media Center (paid) I have both on my PC but Media Center sounds better for me but i use dedicated sound card instead of built-in one

Yeah, you'll need to switch then. It'll be worth it though, especially if you've got an oldish computer or a low quality sound card.

Olegausany, I find it very interesting that you've found JRiver Media Centre to sound better than Foobar.
Maybe I should give it a go.

But it is true i wasn't expecting it myself. The actual reason i decided to try it is that i was getting a better equaliser instead of built-in but they are VST plugins and Foobar doesn't natively support them while Media Center does so i decided to try and noticed that even with built-in equalaiser my HD650 sound better when using WASAPI output but when i switched back to Foobar i spend a while trying to achieve similar sound i failed but after i tried different equalaiser the difference increased mostly because new one is 15-band instead of 10. I even found VST wrapper which allows Foobar to work with VST plugins and tried same settings but still was unable to get desired result even with different setting. Also i discovered problem playing 24bit 192kHz FLAC files using WASAPI but Media Center plays them without problem. I found another way to use VST plugins but not sure if it works with WASAPI since it mentions ASIO only

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #32 of 32

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the sum up! only 1 part confuses me, (so if i got another amp, i would plug my Yulong in the Red and White of the other amp, and plug my headphones into the new amp correct?)

I can't wait to get this! need more $ atm though!

oh and any ideas on how to configure my media player (mediajukebox) to make sure the AWISO settings or whatever are correct and working once I get the DAC?

Yep, you'd connect the analogue output RCA red and white of the Yuloong to the analogue input RCA red and white of the headphone amp and then use the 1/4'' jack on the headphone amp for your headphones and IEMs.

Quote:
In order to use WASAPI output you will need to switch either to Foobar 2000 (free) or JRiver Media Center (paid) I have both on my PC but Media Center sounds better for me but i use dedicated sound card instead of built-in one

Yeah, you'll need to switch then. It'll be worth it though, especially if you've got an oldish computer or a low quality sound card.

Olegausany, I find it very interesting that you've found JRiver Media Centre to sound better than Foobar.
Maybe I should give it a go.

But it is true i wasn't expecting it myself. The actual reason i decided to try it is that i was getting a better equaliser instead of built-in but they are VST plugins and Foobar doesn't natively support them while Media Center does so i decided to try and noticed that even with built-in equalaiser my HD650 sound better when using WASAPI output but when i switched back to Foobar i spend a while trying to achieve similar sound i failed but after i tried different equalaiser the difference increased mostly because new one is 15-band instead of 10. I even found VST wrapper which allows Foobar to work with VST plugins and tried same settings but still was unable to get desired result even with different setting. Also i discovered problem playing 24bit 192kHz FLAC files using WASAPI but Media Center plays them without problem. I found another way to use VST plugins but not sure if it works with WASAPI since it mentions ASIO only

Are you sure that J.River Media Jukebox doesn't support WASAPI? Would I have to pay for the Media Center in order to use the WASAPI option? Hard to configure?

and what are VST plugins?

I currently use J.River Media Jukebox (Similar to Media Center but free) and I love it a a lot, but it would be nice not to have to pay the $50 for the update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back