Not sure if I should buy these.
Jun 25, 2012 at 11:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

JayNetTech5

100+ Head-Fier
What are your thoughts on these SONY cans, are they worth an investment? People are saying the MDR-MA300s aren't that great, but there hasn't been much said on the MA100. What are your thoughts of the MA100s, because those are the ones i am thinking about buying. Anyone ever tried them on?

These are fairly inexpensive, the ma100 seem to be a better deal. It's only $30 and offer same 40mm driver size.

Jun 25, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #3 of 10
Well, based off of what other Head-Fiers have been saying on this specific headphone, they all seem to say spend a little more money and get the XB500's. I own a pair, and I can tell you they are excellent. I would get a set of MA100's if they go on sale or something, but not at full retail. You know, just to try them out. Anyway, hope this helped. 

Jun 25, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:
Well, based off of what other Head-Fiers have been saying on this specific headphone, they all seem to say spend a little more money and get the XB500's. I own a pair, and I can tell you they are excellent. I would get a set of MA100's if they go on sale or something, but not at full retail. You know, just to try them out. Anyway, hope this helped. 

the problem is, i have sensitive ears and the bass will get to them. I am a basshead, but don't want enough to kill my ears. Also, I am looking at wider soundstage which is why i chose the ma series.

Jun 25, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:
I'm very scared, I don't wanna waste my money, people were saying the ma300s had too much bass but were closed in sounding. The ma100 is cheaper which means worse?

Well, that's not a bad thing, being bass heavy. However, I'm pretty sure they won't be as bass heavy as the XB series. And cheaper does not always mean worse. I say, wait a month, read some reviews, and then make your decision.

Jun 25, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
Well, that's not a bad thing, being bass heavy. However, I'm pretty sure they won't be as bass heavy as the XB series. And cheaper does not always mean worse. I say, wait a month, read some reviews, and then make your decision.

What is your opinion on the xb500 soundstage? I want my music to sound distant, like the instruments are spacious and far away, like your being surround by your music, kinda like a 3d effect. I don't like that feeling like you hear the music inside your head, like earbuds.

Jun 25, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
What is your opinion on the xb500 soundstage? I want my music to sound distant, like the instruments are spacious and far away, like your being surround by your music, kinda like a 3d effect. I don't like that feeling like you hear the music inside your head, like earbuds.

Well, the soundstage is definitely there, it's just not as wide as other headphones. I wouldn't say they are bad when it comes to soundstage, but they sure aren't the best. But hey, all in all a great headphone.

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:
What are your thoughts on these SONY cans, are they worth an investment? People are saying the MDR-MA300s aren't that great, but there hasn't been much said on the MA100. What are your thoughts of the MA100s, because those are the ones i am thinking about buying. Anyone ever tried them on?

These are fairly inexpensive, the ma100 seem to be a better deal. It's only $30 and offer same 40mm driver size.

Did you give it a try? I am currently interested in this one, too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back