-Not relevant anymore-
Feb 19, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #46 of 159
Thanks for the firmware info, I was running an old version. Works like a charm. I'm gonna try to make a few docks for other people, I'm just trying to think of a way of concealing the caps, I think your's looks pretty nice, but some might not like having electronic components sticking out of their docks. too bad they don't have fat docks for sansa's.

Thanks again

Feb 20, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #47 of 159
Hey Clie os, so you are saying that the caps may not be a good idea anyway. I don't know if you have any experience with the Hornet, but do you think there would be distortion when turning up the pot on it using the V1? If you think it is beneficial for that amp, where can I order the caps? I live in Japan and the only site I could find had a ridiculous shipping charge for 5 caps, or if you have any extra caps laying around, you think you can send some my way? :p
By the way I loved the Clie series wish they still made them. Had the UX50
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #48 of 159
No, I didn't have any RSA to try out, but I would suspect it will behave the same way it does to most of my amps (XM3 and E5 is fine, but cmoy, 3MOVE and all other have the problem). I order mine from Farnell, which I believe has a distributor in Japan. They offer free shipping locally (after the order excess certain price (about US$6), or pay a very small shipping fee (also about US$6)), maybe they have the same policy there as well. Hope that help.

Feb 20, 2009 at 7:10 AM Post #49 of 159
Thanks for the info...Now I have to learn to read Japanese
L3000.gif

Oh no!! It's gonna cost me $20 to order 6 caps and have it shipped with in Japan
frown.gif

If there is anyone who has some of these things laying around please message me if you want to get rid of some...

Feb 20, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #50 of 159
I was trying to be creative on the placement on the caps and here is the result - the diyLOD v2i (right).

FLODv2-19.jpg

Feb 20, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #51 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was trying to be creative on the placement on the caps and here is the result - the diyLOD v2i (right).

FLODv2-19.jpg

Ooh...v2i looks even better! Very nice, ClieOS.

Feb 20, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #52 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

FLODv2-19.jpg

Very Very Nice Work Clie............

Were you able to compare your line out with the line out from the Griffin dock?

USG

Feb 20, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #53 of 159
i'd love to have one of these but i'm not that good at soldering

Feb 20, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #54 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Were you able to compare your line out with the line out from the Griffin dock?

No, not yet. I used snail mail to cut down the shipping cost so I don't think it will arrive any time soon (I am not in any hurry anyway).

Feb 23, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #57 of 159
For those interested in using the Fuze LO Cable on the E200 series players. It will not work in the current configuration. I tested with my original lineout cable and no dice. The problem must be that pin 22 on the E200 series does not have the 1-3 volt needed to enable pin 7. When I have time, I'll see if there is a suitable pin to use on the E200 series to feed pin 7 from. If there is, it will be a simple change to the original DIY cables to have the pin 7 jump go to the correct pin instead of pin 22.

Feb 24, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #59 of 159
Awesome 14124all. If you find out which pin can supply the right voltage then my e260 may start to get some playing time again.

ClieOS, I can't wait to try your v2 this weekend. All the stuff I ordered should be coming in this week. Nichicon 220uf 6.3v audio capacitors should pretty much be the same as the Panasonic ones you used, right? That's what I ended up getting since I ordered from Mouser.

Feb 24, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #60 of 159
Any good quality cap is fine. I just like those Panasonic caps because of the color
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back