-Not relevant anymore-
Apr 4, 2009 at 10:43 AM Post #121 of 159
First of all, I'd just like to say, awesome mod!

Second of all, I wonder if you could just use a generic sansa view line out cable (see link below,) cut it open & solder in a 3.5 mini jack?

AV Composite Cable for SanDisk Sansa View Series from Overstock.com

£5 for a cable would be darn cheap and a lot simpler for noob DIYers...

Finally, I'd love to see some more comments on how it actually sounds!

Apr 4, 2009 at 12:50 PM Post #122 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by robjrock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Second of all, I wonder if you could just use a generic sansa view line out cable (see link below,) cut it open & solder in a 3.5 mini jack?
£5 for a cable would be darn cheap and a lot simpler for noob DIYers...

I doubt it will have the extra pins inside that you can solder with. To cut cost, generic cable usually comes only with the pins in use but not more.

Apr 5, 2009 at 11:47 AM Post #125 of 159
I am using v1 with E5, cmoy, and XM3. v2 for 3MOVE and T4.

Apr 7, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #126 of 159
Do you remember how big those caps were pdupiano (or have a part number from somewhere)? Trying to get an idea of what will fit in the connector...
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 9, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #127 of 159
So this does work with the Sansa view? I got a 8gb View in a Woot BoC with a jacked up HP out so this may be a fun little project to revive an otherwise useless toy.

Apr 10, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #129 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Postal_Blue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So this does work with the Sansa view? I got a 8gb View in a Woot BoC with a jacked up HP out so this may be a fun little project to revive an otherwise useless toy.

My guess is not. Sansa View already has a dedicated line-out on the dock that you can buy a readily-made cable (which also has a video-out as well). You don't really need to make the LOD for Sansa View.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdupiano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I pretty much ordered the smallest size caps I could find on mouser (electrolytic)

The smallest (and currently still in production) bi-polar electrolytic caps I can find is 11mm x 5mm (length x diameter). But for better capacitance value, you might want to look into 11mm x 6.3mm as well, though I am not sure whether it can still fit inside the dock.

Apr 10, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #131 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolly Bodger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've no chance of making one of these myself, it's just too small and 'fiddly' for me!

Anyone want to sell me one?

JB

I just ordered parts enough for three (in case I screw up... lol) If I have left-overs I'll make you one if you're still looking. There was one for sale in the FS forums earlier this week too, might want to look in to that.

Apr 18, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #132 of 159
Got my parts and finished an LOD (without breaking anything!!). Like pdupiano, I got a large iPod connector and put the caps inside the casing; I wasn't confident I could get the resistors into the connector, so those went in the Switchcraft plug.

Sadly I clipped the cable a litttttle bit short and/or underestimated its stiffness, so it won't bend quite far enough to let my Fuze/Pico sit on top of each other... have to use a rubber band on the U-bend part to hold it close enough or theres a ton of torque on the jacks. But thats what I have spare parts for...
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, great guide! I'll put up pics as soon as I can steal a camera from somewhere...
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #134 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by reviri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amazing!!!
Can it be use with a e2XX V2 ?

This will answer your question:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14124all /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those interested in using the Fuze LO Cable on the E200 series players. It will not work in the current configuration. I tested with my original lineout cable and no dice. The problem must be that pin 22 on the E200 series does not have the 1-3 volt needed to enable pin 7. When I have time, I'll see if there is a suitable pin to use on the E200 series to feed pin 7 from. If there is, it will be a simple change to the original DIY cables to have the pin 7 jump go to the correct pin instead of pin 22.

Apr 20, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #135 of 159
ClieOS,
I was wondering if you could tell me what pins to use to make an Ipod to Fuze cable(or if it will even work).There are several ipod hookups in the market place and very few Fuze.With a female Ipod end connected to a male Fuze end it could open the possibilities out there.Thanks for any input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back