Not receiving instant email notifications for new posts in t hreads.
May 21, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #31 of 45
Ok so notifications were working fine for the past week until yesterday. Since about noon yesterday I've gotten absolutely no notifications except for those of PMs... right up until this morning, when all of the held-up notifications were sent out in bulk. Never seen so many head-fi updates in my inbox...

May 21, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #33 of 45
The forum software update might have caused the delay.  Everything is working fine for me now.

May 31, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #35 of 45
It keeps changing for me randomly.  Sometimes I'll go 36 hours without and update, then they all come at once, and then I get notified of every post made and not just once per subscribed thread.  So, in an 18 hour period I had 136 emails for 32 updated threads, when it should have been only 32 emails.

Jun 1, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #36 of 45
I'm not sure what kind of subscription I'm having (probably the daily combined if that's the default)... there is a list of threads with new posts in it. But the links all point to the beginning of the threads. What if the links could be pointed to the first unread post? Someone mentioned this earlier but there were bigger problem back then. :)

Jun 1, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #37 of 45
Yes the old e-mail notifications were much better, they kept you engaged by keeping your place in the thread. The email notifications now are next to useless. I find the

Recent Head-Fi.org Activity

on the home page to be better than the notifications now but not as good as the notifications were before.

Copy and paste sucks now too, as it obviously keeps the formatting!

Jun 3, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #38 of 45
My updates have been working well; I especially like the occasional, consolidated bit of updated threads.

That said, ...

I concur ... I would very much like the accompanying link to take me to the most recently updated post instead of the first in the thread.

But I can live with it for now.

(otherwise, have to say, keep up the hard work you dev guys, it's coming along, inch by inch...and, personally, I'm acclimating to the new design)

Rock it!

Jun 5, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #41 of 45
Looks like it's working now :) Very cool indeed.

Jun 5, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #42 of 45
It's working for this thread and maybe others.
But I received some notifications today, leading me to the first page instead of the last post :frowning2:

Jun 6, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #43 of 45
Quote:
It's working for this thread and maybe others.
But I received some notifications today, leading me to the first page instead of the last post :frowning2:

You know, could it be a new thread to the new system? When the software updated, it didn't recognize any of the old threads so I had to check each manually. But it saves the mark once you visit a thread.

E: against all the odds, I actually prefer the new system. Perhaps not the new product system (not that cozy as a dedicated Reviews subforum to each Eq forum) but the tech under the hood eases up some things.

Jun 6, 2010 at 2:47 PM Post #44 of 45

Quote:
You know, could it be a new thread to the new system? When the software updated, it didn't recognize any of the old threads so I had to check each manually. But it saves the mark once you visit a thread.

The thread I'm referring to started at 6/2/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back