Not Impressed By The Zhaolu; Thinking Of Selling It
Jan 12, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #31 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonta_dj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Many people seem to be upset, probably because of these words (originally by Herandy) "bog standard Beresford TC-7510". Those are just he's words and what he thinks. Everyone should be allowed to have their own oppinion.

Do you really think it was just those words?
confused.gif

There's quite a history. You might want to read about it first.

Feb 17, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #32 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by AS1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you really think it was just those words?
confused.gif

There's quite a history. You might want to read about it first.

Indeed. Opinions are fine but they should just be kept as that that, opinions. When you start shoving your opinion down someone else's throat like it was a fact then that just makes you obnoxious.

Feb 17, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #33 of 61
Odds are the Zhaolu is producing a better analog signal, the problem is (I think) your equipment can't resolve well enough for the improvement to be audible.

Feb 17, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #34 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Odds are the Zhaolu is producing a better analog signal, the problem is (I think) your equipment can't resolve well enough for the improvement to be audible.

I have a ten thousand dollar audio system. If it can't resolve well enough to support a two hundred dollare dac, then I'm definitely in the wrong hobby.

Feb 18, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #35 of 61
Herandu, you should have been banned from this site a long time ago. Spreading your crap about the beresford. It's a cheap dac that sounds ok, there is nothing special about it, now shut up.

I wasn't that impressed with my zhaolu, although I did notice a difference from my cd player. It improved everything, and for the price that's pretty decent.

Feb 18, 2008 at 12:56 AM Post #36 of 61
lol

poor herandu and his ravings. jk

Oritek and Zapped Zhalou = hell yaesss

Mids are awesome on the Ori and bass is balls out on the zapped.

Stock or even a little tweaked = ok. my sound card is better.

Feb 18, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #37 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by classic_rock_69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Herandu, you should have been banned from this site a long time ago. Spreading your crap about the beresford. It's a cheap dac that sounds ok, there is nothing special about it, now shut up.

I wasn't that impressed with my zhaolu, although I did notice a difference from my cd player. It improved everything, and for the price that's pretty decent.

I think if Herandu didn't post so much about the Beresford people like you wouldn't have such a bad attitude towards it?

I notice a HUGE difference from the beresford compared to directly out of my A2ZS, so it must be at least ok. Got nothing else to compare it to though...

Feb 18, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #38 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think if Herandu didn't post so much about the Beresford people like you wouldn't have such a bad attitude towards it?

I notice a HUGE difference from the beresford compared to directly out of my A2ZS, so it must be at least ok. Got nothing else to compare it to though...

I don't have a bad attitude, I said it's a cheap DAC that sounds ok. For the price it's good, but it's not some giant killer by any means.

To a certain extent Herandu is actually making it worse yes, there are many people annoyed with him. As a result people may not give the dac a shot.

Feb 18, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #39 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by classic_rock_69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have a bad attitude, I said it's a cheap DAC that sounds ok. For the price it's good, but it's not some giant killer by any means.

To a certain extent Herandu is actually making it worse yes, there are many people annoyed with him. As a result people may not give the dac a shot.

Yeah thats what I mean, Herandu makes people hate Beresford. IMO he should just lay off a bit... People already know his opinion.

In new threads I guess its ok for him to introduce the Beresford to people who haven't heard of it, but continuously pushing it and making claims that he does isnt ok.

Feb 19, 2008 at 8:20 AM Post #43 of 61
Quote:

Exactly, when I was researching for a DAC some months ago and came upon his ravings I immediately scratched the beresford of my list. It could be a good unit and I might have enjoyed it but his constant fanatical raving just drove me away.

X2

Feb 19, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #44 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by ast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stock Zhaolu's are great sounding DACs. With Oritech Mod (OMZ), they are super great sounding.
smily_headphones1.gif

My OMZv4 is not my cup of tea ... I will sell it for sure soon.

I prefer warmer, more envelopping sonority with more excitement.

I tried to kick his ass with good interconnect, powercord, power conditionner, good coax cable .. it's help a lot ... but it's still not enough for me.

Feb 20, 2008 at 5:22 AM Post #45 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by pompon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My OMZv4 is not my cup of tea ... I will sell it for sure soon.

I prefer warmer, more envelopping sonority with more excitement.

I tried to kick his ass with good interconnect, powercord, power conditionner, good coax cable .. it's help a lot ... but it's still not enough for me.

So you prefer your citypulse DAC to the OMZ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back