Not happy T3 + SonyA846 + ETY MC5
Oct 26, 2010 at 10:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

arda

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys,
I just want to share my experience with my new T3.
I have just posted a question sometime ago about getting  a portable amp for my ETY MC5.

I decided to get T3 from IBasso. I got it yesterday and I have to say it disappoint me as the sound is worst than without the Amp. I'm not an expert in audio but to my liking the sound is much clearer and more natural without the amp.

I'm wondering if anyone going through the same thing.

I am going to return my T3 and get something else it it is an option for me. Is there any suggestion on Amps which will improve the sound on my MP3 ( pls remember that I'm not going to spend thousands of dollars) - so it there is no amp for me. I'm okay.
bigsmile_face.gif

Thanks guys.

Oct 27, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #3 of 10
That depends on the line out. Not all of them are better than the headphone out.

Oct 27, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #4 of 10
Thanks guys,

Yes, I know the noise cancelation but it has been off as I don't like using them.

Rawster: When you said" That depends on the line out. Not all of them are better than the headphone out" do you mean that it depends on the quality of the file itself?

Sorry I'm new to this.

Thanks

Oct 31, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #5 of 10
No, its the conncetion between ur source and the AMP, in some players the headphone ouput has horrible quality due to double amping, while useing a LOD cable alows for good SQ connection for an amp. In other players the headphone ouput can be better then the line out, or the line out is not any beater then the headphone output (like in Zune HD).

Nov 2, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #6 of 10
Soviet911: I'm confused now.

So, if I have purchased the LOD cable and connected the T3 - I would have got the sound I was after. please correct me if I am wrong.

At the moment I'm looking at CmoyBB but when I contacted John and told my story with T3, he can not give me the opinion as he has never tried the Sony WalkmanA846.

I'm wondering if someone would be able to help.

Thanks guys!

Nov 3, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #7 of 10

[size=medium]
Well I received my T3 today, and useing it with Zune HD>T3>HD25-1 over useing my Cmoy there is slightly more bass but over all nothing that strieks out of the ordinary I used RMAA tester to test the freqency responce of a brand new T3 and it showed a fairly balanced out put.
Overall

Spectrum2.png

Lows (only large diff from the orginal laptop sound source)
SpectrumB.png

When I compared the graphs to my sound card (graph labled Lappy, T3 with G and number referes to the gain setting) the out to amplified T3 signal there was practicly no change in frequency responce untill you look into the low regions where at gain of +3 the bass is slightly emphasized over the source and where gain of 8 and 10 the bass is generaly lower then the signal wich is to be expected. So technicly speaking when you get a line out you will see amplification in signal but it should stay true to the sound source and as such only improvment in SQ is the sound stage. Wich is what IMO the amp is suppose to do, in order to adjust the sound signature use of EQ is needed. 

[/size]

Nov 3, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #8 of 10
Thanks for the info. it seems that Amp is probably not what I need - may be different IEMs which suits my liking will be better.

With my Sony A846 I find that the bass of my MC5 is does not have enough power (mid and high are perfect) - is there any suggestion for IEM for me?

My budget is under $200

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back