Not buying Koss KSC-75 anymore
Oct 26, 2010 at 11:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Bastido

New Head-Fier
Two pairs and on both a connecting wire came loose, same thing happened to a friend that had KSC-75 also. Nice sound but cheaply made. I have a pair of Panasonic portable style headphones and bought them about one year before first pair of KSC-75 and they still work perfectly, only use them for gaming so SQ not that important.

Oct 26, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #2 of 6
Well Koss do have a no-question-asked-life-warranty on KSC75, but I guess it isn't much of help considering where you are.

Oct 26, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #3 of 6
I am not there, just pretend I am. Shipping costs is more than it is worth anyway. I am going to go search today for some new portable headphones and they won't be KSC-75.

Oct 26, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
Two pairs and on both a connecting wire came loose, same thing happened to a friend that had KSC-75 also. Nice sound but cheaply made. I have a pair of Panasonic portable style headphones and bought them about one year before first pair of KSC-75 and they still work perfectly, only use them for gaming so SQ not that important.

You might be rougher on yours than my 15 yr old son is on my KSC-75.  I did put them on a cheap headband so they don't have to be clipped (and constantly adjusted) on the ears, so maybe that contributes to it some, but nearly 2 years on my/our KSC-75 with nearly daily use at the computer for games, music, etc., and still sounding good.

Oct 26, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #5 of 6
Yes, it is the ear clip design that causes it because the wire is so thin and just a little snag and it will come loose. But I tried Koss SportaPro and the headband is tight  and presses on the top of my ear so didn't find them comfortable enough for me. Maybe PortaPro is better choice.

Oct 26, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #6 of 6
If you known how to solder they're extremely easy to repair. There is even a tiny door where the wire is soldered onto.
I'm not sure if this is the actual problem, but it sounds like it.

To recable my KSC75 with silver wire it took me a whole 5 minutes.

The KSC75 is only what $10? Just buy a new pair. I hope you aren't complaining if they've lasted more then a year for that price.

Sometimes I think people will even complain about the build quality on a $1 earbud!

BTW you said your not really in Burundi. If it's inside the USA it'd only cost like $1.50 to ship them to Koss. That's assuming you don't have to buy a mailer and already have one around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back