Northern Virginia, Maryland, DC Meet: January 28th
Jan 17, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #47 of 79
Hey guys, got room for one more? If the Jersey meet doesn't get relocated, I'd like to be able to come here and still listen to some stuff and share mine. My gear is in the signature.

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #48 of 79
Sorry to hear about the traffic citation Mr Osborn, good luck with what sounds like a busy weekend for you.

I neglected to post the gear I'd be bringing last post in grievous violation of the OP. I'll remedy this transgression below.

head things

Stax Omega 2 mk1
Stax 202
Stax Lambda Pro

Amp things

Stax SRD-P
Stax 212

Source things

Rega Dac

I'll also make sure to bring two slightly dingy but very functional powerstrips along.

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #49 of 79
Hey; just confirming:  

I am going to attend, with a friend, too.   

In total, we will bring: a power strip, a laptop with a reasonable variety of lossless music, a Benchmark DAC1 USB, Denon AH-D5000.  

Might also bring a Nuforce Icon HD and a Sony MDR-V6, if my friend wants to bring those.  

We're very excited. I am super eager to see if I can audition the LCD-2 and HE-500; and all other headphones roughly in this "tier." After the meet I hope I'll be able to go home confident about what my next headphone purchase will be!

Jan 18, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #50 of 79
Oh and nobody ever got back to me as to whether it was ok if me and my friend came. I'd come alone but I can't drive so he offered to drive me.

Jan 18, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #51 of 79
No reservations are required. Come as you'd like. There is limited space though so be prepared to *possibly* be in tight quarters. I am not sure how many people are actually going since I haven't kept count. 

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #52 of 79
Oh ok then, if I change my mind, I'll let you guys know. The Jersy/Philly meet is still looking like it may happen though so who knows/

Jan 19, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #54 of 79
Hi Guys,
Got my Beta22 working.  Any interest in a new Beta22 with hardly any hours on it or do we have enough of them.  Buffalo 1 or HD650 would hardly draw a crowd
biggrin.gif
 I guess. With or without gear, I will be coming in any case.  I definitely want to hear an LCD-2 or a HD800

Regards,
Dinesh

Jan 20, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #56 of 79
Welp, looks like the other meet is back on. Thanks for allowing to come anyway.

Jan 21, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #57 of 79
I am very excited to attend  this, which will be my first meet.  I had planned on attending the last one until the morning of, when life got in the way.  I'd be very interested in hearing a DACmini if anyone has one, or even a DACport.  I'm also eager to audition any electrostatic and planar magnetic headphones because I've never had an opportunity to listen to either type.  Ditto any tube-based amps.

I plan to bring:

HEADPHONES:
  1. Sennheiser HD800, balanced with Double Helix Cables "Silver Clone" cable
  2. Ultrasone Edition 8
  3. Sennheiser HD650 ("de-foamed" mod), balanced with APureSound v3 cable

AMPS:
  1. HeadAmp GS-X
  2. HeadRoom Total BitHead

DACS:
  1. Benchmark DAC1-USB
  2. Pure i-20

SOURCE:
  1. iPad (streaming 24bit/96KHz lossless files from a Seagate GoFlex Satellite WiFi hard drive via the Camera Connection Kit to USB)

Really looking forward to it!

Jan 21, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #58 of 79
Very nice set of equipment, schaqfu. I imagine yours will be among the most popular setups of the day.

Jan 24, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #59 of 79
schaqfu,
Very nice.  I am really looking forward to hearing the HD-800.  Do you also have the regular cable for your HD-800, to be driven by single ended amps?

Jan 24, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #60 of 79
Hey guys, I'm going to be in attendance as well with the following gear - 
HD600 w/ APSv2 cable
Sophia Baby amp
Sophia 91-01 300B amp
(probably) a custom Sophia headphone amp
and yes, headphones DO sound good when powered by speaker amps :)
looking forward to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back