Northern Virginia, Maryland, DC Meet: January 28th
Jan 25, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #61 of 79
Hi,
I am new to the audio world and just started lurking on head-fi 3-4 months ago. Very excited to find out about the meet because it seems I can try out a good number of headphones I've heard about on head-fi. My equipments consist of a HD555 and a HA-RX700 which I don't think are worth bringing since they are quite common and inexpensive by head-fi standard.
Looking forward to seeing everybody!

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #62 of 79
Hey everyone,

I'm a long time lurker here.  This is the first meet I plan on attending.  I don't have any outrageous gear, but I will be bringing my laptop with my AD900s and my mbox2.  Sounds like it will be a great time.

Jan 25, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #63 of 79
WOW! this meet is only about 5 minutes from my house. To bad I cannot go! It would be a great experience for me since I am only 15. 
frown.gif

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #64 of 79
Cool, looks like we have a nice group coming out.  I'm down for pizza and beer afterward, although now that we're not across the street from the Lost Dog Cafe, where would we go?

Jan 26, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #65 of 79
I don't know the area, unfortunately. I suppose we'll just have to spend the meet discussing and researching local restaurants, rather than auditioning headphones. I do like my food and I wouldn't want to brashly rush into any old restaurant without first carefully considering the best opportunities. Respectable dining is always a high priority issue!

Jan 26, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #66 of 79
I only quickly read the first post and I saw 'meet at a previous location' which I thought was the place with the beer across the street - but now that I actually read it, I can see this is clearly a different place.  So no big deal.

I am STILL supposed to be out this weekend but my travel arrangements still have not been made so I'm guessing I'll be around anyway.  If so, I'll probably just bring my AGD-10ES amp/dac, LCD-2r2's and magnum 325is's. I still have a nfb-1 balanced DAC looking for a new home.

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #67 of 79

Quote:
Hi,
I am new to the audio world and just started lurking on head-fi 3-4 months ago. Very excited to find out about the meet because it seems I can try out a good number of headphones I've heard about on head-fi. My equipments consist of a HD555 and a HA-RX700 which I don't think are worth bringing since they are quite common and inexpensive by head-fi standard.
Looking forward to seeing everybody!

You should still bring your gear, I've heard of both headphones but never listened. I'll be bringing Portapros for anyone who hasn't listened before; gear can be pretty good at any $ range.

Jan 27, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #68 of 79
Yes, but unfortunately it's in a different location that I won't be able to get to before the meet.  Well, possibly -- I'll try.

Quote:
schaqfu,
Very nice.  I am really looking forward to hearing the HD-800.  Do you also have the regular cable for your HD-800, to be driven by single ended amps?

Jan 27, 2012 at 6:36 AM Post #69 of 79
If it arrives in time, I'm very excited to add to the list below my newly-purchased CEntrance DACmini CX with the 1-ohm mod.  I'm really looking forward to it.

Quote:
I am very excited to attend  this, which will be my first meet.  I had planned on attending the last one until the morning of, when life got in the way.  I'd be very interested in hearing a DACmini if anyone has one, or even a DACport.  I'm also eager to audition any electrostatic and planar magnetic headphones because I've never had an opportunity to listen to either type.  Ditto any tube-based amps.

I plan to bring:

HEADPHONES:
  1. Sennheiser HD800, balanced with Double Helix Cables "Silver Clone" cable
  2. Ultrasone Edition 8
  3. Sennheiser HD650 ("de-foamed" mod), balanced with APureSound v3 cable

AMPS:
  1. HeadAmp GS-X
  2. HeadRoom Total BitHead

DACS:
  1. Benchmark DAC1-USB
  2. Pure i-20

SOURCE:
  1. iPad (streaming 24bit/96KHz lossless files from a Seagate GoFlex Satellite WiFi hard drive via the Camera Connection Kit to USB)

Really looking forward to it!

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #70 of 79
Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow.

I will bring most of the Hifiman(Head-direct) headphone products, including: HE6, HE500, HE400. New Hifiman Headphone amplifier: EF6. Meridian G08.2 CD player.

Jan 27, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #71 of 79
Wow, my brain has been underperforming, obviously, because I've had in my mind until just now that the meet is a week from tomorrow, despite the clear label of January 28.  I'll still make it, I'm just glad someone used the words "see you guys tomorrow" to wake me up!

Quote:
Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow.

I will bring most of the Hifiman(Head-direct) headphone products, including: HE6, HE500, HE400. New Hifiman Headphone amplifier: EF6. Meridian G08.2 CD player.

Jan 27, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #72 of 79
Is it uncommon at meets for people to (with owner permission) try out different sets of headphones on different amps and such? Like, for example, Guy A's amp, Guy B's headphones, Guy C's source?   

Should probably put little labels on all my stuff, huh?

Jan 27, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #73 of 79

Quote:
Is it uncommon at meets for people to (with owner permission) try out different sets of headphones on different amps and such? Like, for example, Guy A's amp, Guy B's headphones, Guy C's source?   

Should probably put little labels on all my stuff, huh?

Of course. But I don't think you need to put labels on your stuff since there won't be many people..

Jan 27, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #74 of 79
I've never had a problem with my stuff at meets and I've brought up to 20 headphones.

Speaking of which, unless someone wants to hear something in particular, I'll only bring a few headphones.

Jan 27, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #75 of 79

Quote:
I've never had a problem with my stuff at meets and I've brought up to 20 headphones.

Speaking of which, unless someone wants to hear something in particular, I'll only bring a few headphones.

Wow, just looked at your collection. Were you planning on bringing any of your Stax along? I understand it could be a pain bringing amp and energizer though so if it's a hassle don't mind those. You've got so many old orthos too, if you'd be willing could you just bring one or two that you're partial to? Oh dang, you've got a akg 240df and sextette too, those are quite interesting as well. Anyway, if you bring any one of those things I'll be sure to be there hogging them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back