Northern California
Nov 3, 2004 at 3:11 PM Post #76 of 90
I would definitely be interested in attending a Sac area mini-meet. I could host a mini-meet in the Tahoe area.

Nov 3, 2004 at 4:15 PM Post #77 of 90
I'm game for hosting a meet, but definitely not this weekend. Even a small meet takes time, planning, and a lot of communication to be done right. It requires a substantial investment in time for the host. I would like to try to get some demos here from Ray Samuels Audio, Singlepower, Meier Audio, and Headroom (although they have discontinued their "Meet Pack).

I guess what am saying is that if I/we are going to invest our time, I would like to do this right.

Nov 3, 2004 at 4:36 PM Post #78 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMT
I'm game for hosting a meet, but definitely not this weekend. Even a small meet takes time, planning, and a lot of communication to be done right. It requires a substantial investment in time for the host. I would like to try to get some demos here from Ray Samuels Audio, Singlepower, Meier Audio, and Headroom (although they have discontinued their "Meet Pack).

I guess what am saying is that if I/we are going to invest our time, I would like to do this right.

Sounds good JMT... and I think that's the appropriate path of action as well. Since the HES thing fell apart, we may as well take our time and plan for a good meet anyway.

Nov 3, 2004 at 5:33 PM Post #79 of 90
my balanced SDS is scheduled to arrive in late November (hopefully... the delivery date was pushed back due to case manufacturing mishaps) and I hear gpalmer might be back around December for a while (although I'm not sure of the info and also don't know if he will be interested or not).

so how about a meet sometime in December? I need to see if I have other scheduling conflicts, but hopefully I can make it. otherwise, I may let someone bring my stuff to the meet so people can hear them.

Nov 3, 2004 at 5:43 PM Post #80 of 90
I plan on being there, so I'll need to book plane tix for the trip. JMT, keep me posted. Let me know how I can help with the planning.

how i miss berkeley....

Nov 11, 2004 at 12:47 AM Post #82 of 90
I can drive in a month and live close by Sacramento...
eek.gif

Nov 11, 2004 at 4:18 AM Post #83 of 90
My thought is to have it sometime in December or after the first of the year. Since there are only a couple of weeks left in November, with one of them Thanksgiving, a November date would be difficult if not impossible for me to host.

Nov 12, 2004 at 11:33 AM Post #85 of 90
I'm leaving for japan sometime in mid december... and coming back sometime in mid january and I think you guys want me to attend right? (basically I'm gone slightly after Cal gets out for winter, and slightly before classes resumes.)

Nov 12, 2004 at 2:50 PM Post #86 of 90
I think even mid December is a lot to ask.. Christmas traveling and such is crazy enough as the way it is... it's just more stress for everyone. After New Years is probably a better time.

Nov 18, 2004 at 2:27 AM Post #89 of 90
If we're tossing out our schedules, I'll be at Sundance (so out of town) for a week sometime after January 20th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back