1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Normal headphones and Professional Studio Monitor Headphones!

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by lofthanza, Jul 13, 2012.
  1. lofthanza
    Guys! What's the difference between normal full-sized headphones and professional studio monitor headphones. Am I getting something better when I buy professional studio monitor headphones as a normal user. I have been thinking of buying The Audio-Technica ATH-M50 for normal day to day use. Coming from Klipsch image s4, I don't know what to expect from the Technica. I am going to use them directly from the laptop or my iphone. 
    So plz help me understand!

2. TMRaven
    Marketing propaganda.  That is the difference.

CaveManta likes this.
  3. devhen
    TMRaven is right.

Otherwise the Beats Studio would be for studio use and the Beats Pro would be for professionals, as opposed to being designed for the kind of people who believe what TV commercials tell them.

4. lofthanza
    Can anyone compare the The Audio-Technica ATH-M50 to the Klipsch x10 or any similar earbuds sound-wise? Of course un-amped and straight out of laptop or iphone.

5. devhen
    graphCompare.png

6. lofthanza
    Devhen! Thank you for the effort. But excuse my ignorance, I didn't understand the chart. Can u explain it please?

7. Trance88
    basically, the ATH-M50's are overall more "flat" as in give a more accurate representation of the sound as opposed to the Klipsch which are more bass heavy.

8. lofthanza
    Thank u for the effort. But I can't understand the chart. Can u please explain it to me?

9. Nappael
    To the left of the graph you have lower frequencies (the bass part of the sound), as you move to the right of the graph you move towards higher frequencies. The higher the line, the more it responds to those frequencies. We see that the S4 (blue line) responds more on the bass end than the M50 (green line).

You typically want a flat line for a natural sound.