Normal headphones and Professional Studio Monitor Headphones!
Jul 13, 2012 at 8:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

lofthanza

100+ Head-Fier
Guys! What's the difference between normal full-sized headphones and professional studio monitor headphones. Am I getting something better when I buy professional studio monitor headphones as a normal user. I have been thinking of buying The Audio-Technica ATH-M50 for normal day to day use. Coming from Klipsch image s4, I don't know what to expect from the Technica. I am going to use them directly from the laptop or my iphone. 
So plz help me understand!

Jul 13, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #3 of 9
TMRaven is right.

Otherwise the Beats Studio would be for studio use and the Beats Pro would be for professionals, as opposed to being designed for the kind of people who believe what TV commercials tell them.

Jul 14, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #7 of 9
basically, the ATH-M50's are overall more "flat" as in give a more accurate representation of the sound as opposed to the Klipsch which are more bass heavy.

Jul 14, 2012 at 7:13 AM Post #9 of 9
To the left of the graph you have lower frequencies (the bass part of the sound), as you move to the right of the graph you move towards higher frequencies. The higher the line, the more it responds to those frequencies. We see that the S4 (blue line) responds more on the bass end than the M50 (green line).

You typically want a flat line for a natural sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back