Nordost Heimdall headphone cable
Jul 26, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #76 of 191
  Just showed the Heimdall 2 cable with Audeze LCD-2.2 at our local meet in near Seattle.
Everyone who heard it had praise for it.
It was hosted on a Benchmark DAC2 HGC.

Yeah, it's a wonderful HP cable - just a bit pricey. If money was no object, I'd jump on it ASAP. Kind of hard justifying buying a cable for the same price as a Cavalli Liquid Carbon amp. 
wink_face.gif

Jul 26, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #77 of 191
It's actually like $200 more than the Liquid Carbon if I'm not mistaken.

Jul 26, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #78 of 191

Jul 26, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #79 of 191

You are not mistaken, apparently I was. Wow - for some reason thought the Heimdall 2 HP was $600. Maybe that is what the sale/launch price was at RMAF last year? Anyway thanks for the correction. Cheers

Jul 26, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #80 of 191
I would say before ordering a cable like the Heimdall, make sure your other gear is in order. I'm sure the Liquid Carbon will be a very good amp, but it's silly to pair a $799 cable with a $599 amp, you'd probably get better returns just getting an amp priced around $1500 in that case and using a stock cable. 

Jul 27, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #81 of 191
Of course and well said. Already have some amps like that - the LC is just something I'm trying as I believe in Alex and it sounded wonderful at CanJam SoCal. Also I brought up the LC simply as a comparison to the pricing of the Heimdall 2.

Cheers

Jul 27, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #82 of 191
CNET reviewed the Nordost Heimdall headphones cables (and Red Dawn speaker cables). http://www.cnet.com/news/auditioning-nordost-cables-do-speaker-cables-have-a-sound/
The reviewer used Oppo PM-1, Sennheiser HD 700, Audeze LCD-X, and HiFiMan HE6. 

Apr 16, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #85 of 191
mmm.......makes me want it more. However, after several emails to different Nordost dealers in Asia since last year and this year , I have not gotten a single reply from them. I guess they are not interested in selling their precious cable.

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #86 of 191
I've tried several aftermarket headphone cables over the years with marginal improvements. However after reading several reviews of the Nordost cable I thought I'd give it a try figuring that I'd return it if like the others it proved to be only a small change.
Well this time backfired on me, it's costing me some bucks. The Nordost cable partnered with the Audeze LCD-X's elevated the performance to a level that I thought was only achievable from electrostatics.
The sound became airey and delicate in the top end. The Audeze's always sounded sludgish to me, now the sonic signature was transformed.

The price is insane, i do like the fact that it's terminated with a 4 pin balanced connector and comes with both 1/4 and 3.5 mm adapters. However with my luck I need a 4pole trrs balanced connector for using my A&K player, that cost me another $180

May 5, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #87 of 191
mmm.......will be trying this cable next week in H.K. I wanted to order on-line but it seems Nordost does not  respond to email requests for info. Will also compare it with Cardas Clear before deciding.

May 5, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #88 of 191
  mmm.......will be trying this cable next week in H.K. I wanted to order on-line but it seems Nordost does not  respond to email requests for info. Will also compare it with Cardas Clear before deciding.

Please post your comparison here! Looking forward to that :)

May 5, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #89 of 191
mmm.....if you backread, it seems the Nordost Heimdall 2 is more transparent and resolving than the Cardas Clear, which is more musical and laid-back. I'll post. I might end up getting the Nordost Heimdall 2 (very hard to find from where I am)  for my Ether C and Ether and the Cardas Clear for the HD 800 S. I'm relying on the email of DMA Audio of HK that they both have cables on hand. If not, I'll go DAP buying: either the M2, Questyle QP1R or the Cowon Pleneu S. Damn......my credit card is now hiding in fear.

May 12, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #90 of 191
Just was purusinf the Nordost headphone termination chart the other day and saw they added support for Shure SE846's (or I guess any Shure's with the same termination). I called Nordost to confirm and they told me that an end user actually discovered and informed Nordost.

Given this is unchartered territory for Nordost as they don't make IEM cables I convinced them to send them to me for a month at no cost for a trial. One things for sure they look sweet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back