Nordost Heimdall headphone cable
Oct 21, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #166 of 191
just wanted to say to anyone considering that wire. just dont. The wire have failed on me with normal usage within 2 months.
a real pile of junk.
the right side just split on me after a week. then with barely any stress applied to the wire, the right side have failed just over the separation metal thingy. The wire still work, but its clearly falling apart.

Oct 21, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #167 of 191
just wanted to say to anyone considering that wire. just dont. The wire have failed on me with normal usage within 2 months.
a real pile of junk.
the right side just split on me after a week. then with barely any stress applied to the wire, the right side have failed just over the separation metal thingy. The wire still work, but its clearly falling apart.
There are several posts from users (some who had used it for over three years) without having problems.

I have had it for about a year and coil it tightly to store in the Peli case with my headphones and uncoil it to use it, same relatively “stressful” procedure every time and I haven’t had any problems with it.

Did you purchase from an authorised dealer? Are you sure it isn’t a counterfeit or something similar? I would Contact the seller and get it replaced under guarantee.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #168 of 191
There are several posts from users (some who had used it for over three years) without having problems.

I have had it for about a year and coil it tightly to store in the Peli case with my headphones and uncoil it to use it, same relatively “stressful” procedure every time and I haven’t had any problems with it.

Did you purchase from an authorised dealer? Are you sure it isn’t a counterfeit or something similar? I would Contact the seller and get it replaced under guarantee.
nah, its a real one. got the serial number and all. Im in contact with nordost right now to try to have it fixed. but at this point i just dont care. none of my other cable ever failed on me.
this cable is way too fragile. this is a warning for anyone i guess.

ill add more
I got the cable about a month ago and it looked like new. no defects at all. then after a couple of days a spiral started happening on the right side. as if the cable was turning onto itself. a couple of times ive disconnected the utopia and remove the spiral. after a couple of days, their was a cut at the exact place where the spiral was occuring.
ive then contacted them
forward 3 weeks to today, the cable at the splitting metal part just ripped apart. the cable is extremely low quality.
and the Nordhost is handling this is now confirmed, they told me "tough luck".
what a shady company

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #169 of 191
nah, its a real one. got the serial number and all. Im in contact with nordost right now to try to have it fixed. but at this point i just dont care. none of my other cable ever failed on me.
this cable is way too fragile. this is a warning for anyone i guess
Appreciate the warning but like I said several people here have been using the cable for a while, myself included, with no issues. Frankly I am very very surprised. Could you post some photos of the damage?

Oct 21, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #170 of 191
Now nordhost are implying its not the spiralling that caused the wire to fail but something must have cut that wire. This is such BS from a company. ive dealt with dozens of hifi company, never have I felt treated this way.

my 2 cents

Oct 23, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #172 of 191
nearly 5 years I've had mine - still like new - feels flimsy but seems quite tough - don't have any other Nordost cables but I wouldn't hesitate to buy Nordost again - post some pics so we can see what's going on

Nov 20, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #173 of 191
Anyone Using heimdall 2 with susvara? I compared it to stock cable and the stock seems brighter

Jan 13, 2023 at 12:32 AM Post #174 of 191
Hi All
I’m a relatively recent adopter of this cable for use with Stellia and TT2. I’m very impressed with the resolution and even handed nature of bass and treble. Also very pleased with how quiet the cable is. Noise seems really low and the sound is smooth and completely non-fatiguing.
My question is, has anyone used the 2 x XLR to 4 pin XLR cable? Thinking of sourcing one (secondhand) to try out with the TT2.

Apr 2, 2023 at 1:46 AM Post #177 of 191
Apr 2, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #178 of 191
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back