Nordost Heimdall headphone cable
May 2, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #181 of 191
Aug 18, 2023 at 5:23 AM Post #183 of 191
I found a BNIB Heimdall 2 at The Headfone Shop in Toronto. Excellent service and I’m absolutely delignited on my Utopia 2022. It’s the perfect cable for me, emphasising nothing, super quiet and very quick. There’s a good deal more dimensionality and body to the sound with a big walk-in sound stage. Front to back stage depth is particularly notable. Zero microphonics and lightweight so it’s not even noticeabl, unlike some of the behemoth copper Mr T style necklaces being sold these days. True, it’s not a cable to take out and about, but then neither is Utopia.
So on looks, ergonomics and sound it’s a total winner for me.

Also, I’ve read some comments in this thread and others that “it’s bright because of the silver plated copper”. Nothing could be further from the truth because a) it’s not in the least bit bright and b) it’s not silver plated. It’s plenty detailed, yes, but there’s natural warmth about its presentation.

Aug 18, 2023 at 9:02 AM Post #184 of 191
I found a BNIB Heimdall 2 at The Headfone Shop in Toronto. Excellent service and I’m absolutely delignited on my Utopia 2022. It’s the perfect cable for me, emphasising nothing, super quiet and very quick. There’s a good deal more dimensionality and body to the sound with a big walk-in sound stage. Front to back stage depth is particularly notable. Zero microphonics and lightweight so it’s not even noticeabl, unlike some of the behemoth copper Mr T style necklaces being sold these days. True, it’s not a cable to take out and about, but then neither is Utopia.
So on looks, ergonomics and sound it’s a total winner for me.

Also, I’ve read some comments in this thread and others that “it’s bright because of the silver plated copper”. Nothing could be further from the truth because a) it’s not in the least bit bright and b) it’s not silver plated. It’s plenty detailed, yes, but there’s natural warmth about its presentation.
Thanks for that post. I could have sworn that i read somewhere the cable was silver plated.

i stand corrected - i obviously had my wires crossed :)

that will also help me in future selections if i decide to ever try an additional cable in the future.

cheers

Aug 18, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #185 of 191
It’s definitely not bright. It smooth out the top on hifiman hekSE and susvara. And gives it more body and lifelike sound. Little less air but more body. Is my experience. Really good cable both in ergonomics and sound.

Aug 18, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #186 of 191
Thanks for that post. I could have sworn that i read somewhere the cable was silver plated.

i stand corrected - i obviously had my wires crossed :)

that will also help me in future selections if i decide to ever try an additional cable in the future.

cheers
The rest of the Heimdall 2 family is silver plated copper, just not the headphone cable, as Nordost were worried about work hardening in a cable that would be moved around so much.

Nice pun!

Sep 2, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #187 of 191
Two weeks with Heimdall 2 and a friend and I did a cable swap for the weekend. He has the Heimdall and I have his Cardas Clear. It’s ergonomically fantastic and has a warmth and texture the Heimdall does not. Electric guitars, male voices, pianos, string instruments, they all sound fantastic. The trade off is a flatter stage depth and less holography. It’s got heaps of texture, but it’s not as quiet as the Heimdall. I could see owning the Clear just to use with small combo jazz, vocalists and rock’n’roll. Heimdall 2 for electronic music, orchestras and any time you want sublime clarity and smoothness.

Sep 9, 2023 at 11:59 PM Post #189 of 191
I have the heimdall 2 Power for my 430had. It got more resolution and sounds clearer than stock powercable to my ears.

Sep 10, 2023 at 12:08 AM Post #190 of 191
I have the heimdall 2 Power for my 430had. It got more resolution and sounds clearer than stock powercable to my ears.
Have you tried anything else after market? I’ve been through the bottom four models from Isotek, but they were bettered by a much cheaper cable from Akiko Audio in The Netherlands. I’ve also got one from CommonGroundCables (the Whisper) but I need to find a cheaper alternative. Amazing but expensive.
I’ve read everything o can about the Heimdall 2 and, combined with my experience of the headphone cable, have been convinced to at least try.

Sep 10, 2023 at 12:38 AM Post #191 of 191
Only the isotek premier and i also tried against audioquest tornado. Kept the heimdall 2. AQ wasn’t better to me. But aq was twice the price if I remember correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back