NorCal/SF Bay Area Meet 8/8/2009
Aug 8, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #302 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think there is an embassy suites across the street at least that is what the event manager at the Doubletree told me

San Francisco Airport Hotel - Burlingame Hotel - CA - Embassy Suites Hotels

That hotel looks nicer than the Double Tree (the Embassy's location right on the ocean at least). It seems they have no vacancies left though via the online website.

Aug 8, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #303 of 351
well there is also a Red Roof Inn right there as well that expedia has for $99, really though it is the day before the meet so last minute hotel space can get tight in/near an airport and major city, sorry folks

Aug 8, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #305 of 351
Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

JP, let me know if you need any setup help in the morning.

Aug 8, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #308 of 351
Try my best to make it....

Aug 8, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #309 of 351
I'll bring my protable rig (rolled ibasso D2 and DT250). I'll be curious to hear how it fares against Mr Millet's creation (and the D10 as well).
And of course really eager to compare DT150 vs DT250.
And to listen to the headphones I've been coveting for months (DX1000).
And to drool over the myth Qualia.
And to...

Aug 8, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #310 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Philimon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have never attended a Head-Fi meet before. Is it hard to get a chance to listen to a rig? I can imagine members bringing a plethora of amps, dacs, and headphones, but is there an adequate number of sources to allow everyone the time to test a majority of the rigs before the meet is over? Should I bring my iPod w/LOD, and my laptop (I have no special cables for connections to DAC/amps)?

Philip

Hey Philip,

every now and then you'll find that somebody is listening to a rig that you want to listen to, so you'll just have to wait a bit until they get their fair share of hearing time. No swords or guns are ever drawn in a fit of impatience.
wink.gif

There is definitely enough time to go around and listen to anything and everything you want to. From my experience and observations, there are only two factors that limit your time of hearing a rig:

• Somebody is obviously waiting for you to finish, and you feel guilty
  • You glance over at another table and see another rig that catches your interest more
You could bring whatever you want, but if you're going to be plugging your stuff in and out of other people's equipment, it's best to ask the owner if that's okay with them beforehand.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 8, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #311 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...if you're going to be plugging your stuff in and out of other people's equipment, it's best to ask the owner if that's okay with them beforehand.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, absolute MUST for some rigs, please everybody follow this rule. Some amps really can't be simply plugged/unplugged and nobody wants to see the magic blue smoke indicating a few hundred or thousand dollars have gone up with it.

Aug 8, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #312 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Philip,

every now and then you'll find that somebody is listening to a rig that you want to listen to, so you'll just have to wait a bit until they get their fair share of hearing time. No swords or guns are ever drawn in a fit of impatience.
wink.gif

There is definitely enough time to go around and listen to anything and everything you want to. From my experience and observations, there are only two factors that limit your time of hearing a rig:

• Somebody is obviously waiting for you to finish, and you feel guilty
  • You glance over at another table and see another rig that catches your interest more
You could bring whatever you want, but if you're going to be plugging your stuff in and out of other people's equipment, it's best to ask the owner if that's okay with them beforehand.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for that bit TheMarchingMule. I guess I am getting a little anxious... I am going to be leaving here in about seven hours - approximately a 300 mile drive in the wee hours of the morning.

Aug 8, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #313 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, absolute MUST for some rigs, please everybody follow this rule. Some amps really can't be simply plugged/unplugged and nobody wants to see the magic blue smoke indicating a few hundred or thousand dollars have gone up with it.

Of course out of respect I wouldn't be messing with others without permission and with instruction, but the main reason is because I cannot easily afford to replace those very expensive amps.

Aug 8, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #314 of 351
Argh - I got pinned down at the office for the weekend. I was hoping to head up tonight, but that isn't going to happen. Sorry. I was really looking forward to a road trip and meeting a bunch of people up there that I've been wanting to meet.

Have fun tomorrow and I wish I could be there.

JP Numbers - if you fall short of contributions to pay for the room, PM me. I'd be happy to contribute.

Aug 8, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #315 of 351
Don't think I'm going to be able to come either. I got stuck working from 5am-9pm (yes you read that correctly, 16hrs) today. Don't think I'll be able to get up early enough tomorrow to do the drive up. I really was looking foward to this too. If anyone can post comments on how the Eddie Current amps compare to the Woo Audio 5 I'd really appreciate it as that's what I really wanted to check out with my L3000s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back