NorCal, San Francisco Bay Area Meet 2/27/2010
Feb 24, 2010 at 7:08 AM Post #166 of 235
Would anyone be willing to help me perform a MK1 mod on my D2000's? I'll have all the materials with me and everything. I'm really just paranoid when it comes to stuff like this and I could use some help from someone who has done it before.

EDIT: I just realized that this mod is really, really difficult so and something I can't expect someone to spend the time w/, especially since we should be having fun :p.

Feb 24, 2010 at 8:09 AM Post #167 of 235
Looks like a good time will be had by all. That's a nice line-up and Voltron is well versed in the particulars to pull off another great Nor-cal meet. See you there :)

Feb 24, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #168 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Al, I will have my laptop and big ol' hardrive full of music if anyone needs a front-end for a system. I don't think it is much worth my consuming any table space otherwise.

Would love to use your big ole hard drive and laptop if it's not too much trouble. My music collection has lagged behind my DIY collection sadly.

Feb 24, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #169 of 235
Not sure there's space but will bring some stuff anyways just in case...
Have a stock Assemblage 3 Dac + Singlepower MPX3 Slam + Vintage RS1/R10.
Will also be bringing Al's HD650 (stock + balanced SAA cable)
Spectral Dac is in the shop and Balancing Act is staying home as I think Icarium will be bringing his for the BA shoot-out.

Feb 24, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #170 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by srserl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately, I am withdrawing from the event due to my back, which currently would not survive the drive. I hope there will be a later event this year that I can make.

Sorry to hear you can't make it and more sorry to hear you are having back problems. That sucks. Take it easy and you can be assured that there will be a meet sometime in the summer, and I am planning to do something big in the Fall.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Al, I will have my laptop and big ol' hardrive full of music if anyone needs a front-end for a system. I don't think it is much worth my consuming any table space otherwise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneplustwo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would love to use your big ole hard drive and laptop if it's not too much trouble. My music collection has lagged behind my DIY collection sadly.

Match made in heaven.
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by foo_me /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure there's space but will bring some stuff anyways just in case...
Have a stock Assemblage 3 Dac + Singlepower MPX3 Slam + Vintage RS1/R10.
Will also be bringing Al's HD650 (stock + balanced SAA cable)
Spectral Dac is in the shop and Balancing Act is staying home as I think Icarium will be bringing his for the BA shoot-out.

I will make some room for you and guzziguy who has an amp and the World's Coolest Headphone Stand to show off. I will figure out where makes the most sense and let you guys know.
L3000.gif

Feb 24, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #173 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As it's getting closer to the time of the meet, just wandering if anybody is coming through northern SF (Marina/Cow Hollow) and has room in their ride for one more with a box of equipment.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm in the sunset but wouldn't mind swinging by to pick you up. I can't stay for the whole thing though so you'd have to find a separate ride home. PM me if you're interested... I was thinking about being there for the first half of the meet.

Feb 24, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #174 of 235
Quote:

As it's getting closer to the time of the meet, just wandering if anybody is coming through northern SF (Marina/Cow Hollow) and has room in their ride for one more with a box of equipment.
smily_headphones1.gif

I can pick you up as well...only problem is not sure how late I can stay on Saturday...so if you're okay with having to leave a little early, then let me know. Might have to leave around 4, but not sure yet.

Feb 24, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #175 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Boarding passes printed .... wheels up at 0710 tomorrow.

WooHoo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneplustwo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm in the sunset but wouldn't mind swinging by to pick you up. I can't stay for the whole thing though so you'd have to find a separate ride home. PM me if you're interested... I was thinking about being there for the first half of the meet.

That would be great and if there is any problem, then FallenAngel should post or PM and we can work something out. Also, there will definitely be a ride home available.

Feb 24, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #176 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by aamefford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
aameford gear update:
Sold the D5000's, bought a pair of D7000's, so I'll bring them unless I return them...

I can probably bring a Dacmagic if anyone is curious, I just bought it, it should arrive by Saturday. PM me if you want me to bring it. - Requested, so if it arrives in time, I'll bring it along.

I'm excited. Looks like I'm clear to go!

D5000's gone already??? That was a quick turnaround! I'm looking forward to hearing the D7000's though also possibly do an A/B with the DX1000.

Since I have my Dacmagic at the next table, if you cant bring yours it shouldnt be a big deal, but it might be fun to test the effects of burn in on a new unit vs one thats well burnt in
biggrin.gif

To everyone, I'm looking to potentially find my next amp at this meet. Would even trade or sell my Gilmore Lite for one at the meet if it works out. I need something that can do well with the 600 ohm Beyers. So if anyones interested in a trade or purchase of Gilmore Lite, PM me.

Will also be interesting to see how much more the GS-1 can do with the Beyers compared the Glite.

I dont see DNA on the table list, they arent showing up for this one? I was hoping to hear the Sonett.

Feb 24, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #177 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will make some room for you and guzziguy who has an amp and the World's Coolest Headphone Stand to show off. I will figure out where makes the most sense and let you guys know.
L3000.gif

I'm not sure about my neighbor, but I will not require a lot of space. I'm pretty sure a rig could squeeze in with me.

Feb 24, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #178 of 235
Awesome community, thanks guys! PM sent, just have to arrange a ride back as I have generally end up staying until they close the doors.
tongue.gif

NEWS FLASH
As the little raffle at the last meet was such a huge success, I'm definitely in the mood for another! As before, tickets are $5 and all funds will go to paying for the meet. This time, I will be donating a very cute little SOL Class-A MOSFET amp.

Feb 24, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #179 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by aamefford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure about my neighbor, but I will not require a lot of space. I'm pretty sure a rig could squeeze in with me.

Thanks, and I am sure that Asr's travel rig won't need too much room either. We will figure it out on Saturday if I haven't PM'd people before then.

Quote:

Awesome community, thanks guys! PM sent, just have to arrange a ride back as I have generally end up staying until they close the doors.
tongue.gif

NEWS FLASH
As the little raffle at the last meet was such a huge success, I'm definitely in the mood for another! As before, tickets are $5 and all funds will go to paying for the meet. This time, I will be donating a very cute little SOL Class-A MOSFET amp.

Wow, that is cool of you, Pavel! That will be a nice addition to the request for people to pitch in $10-20 for the room. I am happy to have everybody who contributes to do it through your raffle so that they get the bonus of a shot at winning something!

Plus, Craig of Whiplash Audio -- who is sending some cool gear for people to sample -- is sending some schwag for a small raffle. We can piggy-back and hand out some runner-up prizes from Whiplash, and maybe I can find some under-used items that might be worth throwing in there too.
wink.gif

Feb 24, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #180 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, that is cool of you, Pavel! That will be a nice addition to the request for people to pitch in $10-20 for the room. I am happy to have everybody who contributes to do it through your raffle so that they get the bonus of a shot at winning something!

Plus, Craig of Whiplash Audio -- who is sending some cool gear for people to sample -- is sending some schwag for a small raffle. We can piggy-back and hand out some runner-up prizes from Whiplash, and maybe I can find some under-used items that might be worth throwing in there too.
wink.gif

If it's from Whiplash, might not be so much of a runner up, my amp is very FUNKY looking but sounds great with my DT770/250.
tongue.gif

Everybody is certainly welcome to contribute items to raffle off, would be very cool.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back