Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 25, 2007 at 9:10 AM Post #16 of 41
im bitting my lip so hard not to make nasty comments, this thread is just begging for some anti ipod flaming...

well, now you can get a dap for grown ups.

Oct 25, 2007 at 9:22 AM Post #17 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im bitting my lip so hard not to make nasty comments, this thread is just begging for some anti ipod flaming...

well, now you can get a dap for grown ups.

Ohhh! Buuuurrrrn!
tongue.gif

In semi-related news: I dropped my Zune from five steps up straight onto a concrete basement floor, while playing music. The result? A minor dent in the upper-right corner, with the rest of the player remaining unscathed. My brother's using it at college now, actually.

Just a thought!
wink.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 12:09 PM Post #19 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by rxc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, I have my iMod next to me and this thread sent a chill down my spine.

You need not to be worried. Vinnie offers a lifetime warranty.
If the unfortunate should occur you may simply send it to Vinnie with the replacement part and he shall fix it for you, free of charge (minus the cost of the part/s and shipping).

Oct 25, 2007 at 12:11 PM Post #20 of 41
a quick search reveals hard drive failures for all models (including the zune and the nw-hd5). the fact is, they all use the same series of toshiba harddrives. the new ipods use an updated model, but the old ipod, zune and nw-hd5 had use the following respectively
MK3008GAL
MK3008GAL
MK2006GAL

the plastic cases may provide a bit more force absorption, but all the units have rubber around the drive and i doubt that one fails at a higher rate than the others.

Oct 25, 2007 at 12:32 PM Post #22 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It might not even be the hard drive. The mainboard could be cracked.

x2. That was my first thought. If the HD is dead, it'll boot far enough to tell you so or at least show the sad iPod. If it doesn't boot at all it sounds more like the board.

Oct 25, 2007 at 12:34 PM Post #23 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and ? with my old NW-HD5 i could beat someone to death without the music even skiping, that was an evil DAP,

I sure hope you're not speaking from personal experience here...
blink.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 3:06 PM Post #26 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I came home from school and put my iPod on the table like I usually do. While sitting down I reached for a paper and underestimated the height of my hand and knocked my iPod off the table. It dropped 3 feet 3 inches onto the tile floor and now won't boot.
mad.gif
mad.gif

This is a very sad story. I'm sorry for your loss. It is times like this that make you wish life could just be reloaded and go back to your last save point.

Oct 25, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #28 of 41
I've dropped my Meizu a few times and it always sickens me, but its so light and the headphone cord unplugging itself slows it down a little before impact so there's no damage yet. I need a clipping case or armband.

Oct 26, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #29 of 41
I dropped my Zen Micro recently into a small puddle and the screen stopped displaying, then displayed in inverted colors. left it off for a while and it was fine again. Love the little thing
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back