Noontec Zoro
May 8, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #121 of 160
The reviews I have read suggest build quality is about the same but they have more comfortable pads and they sound more refined. cnet has a review on the HD model I believe.

May 8, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #122 of 160
Quote:
Just received the Solo HD earpads. Took them off the rings they came attached to without any problem but they don't fit over the Zoro's cause they're too small in diameter.
Anyway, the only conclusion I came to was that there is no difficulty in removing the Zoro stock pads and putting them back on.

Oh, that's bad! (the Solo pads not suiting the Zoro) I was actually looking forward to having a better fit with alternate earpads ...mmm...  Life!. Thanks for the update Hal.

May 13, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #123 of 160

one day on my way home, i was talked into getting a pair of Zoro headphones by a salesperson.

indeed after i tried it out, its bass is refined and not dry. for a headset going for less than a hundred bucks, it is a real bargain.

May 13, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #124 of 160
@sofastreamer As suspected I was sent a regular Zoro! 
frown.gif
 Will be sending these back, but this seems to be the real deal!

May 15, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #126 of 160
Thanks for that info Sofastreamer, will have a look! :)

May 18, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #129 of 160
Quote:
The reviews I have read suggest build quality is about the same but they have more comfortable pads and they sound more refined. cnet has a review on the HD model I believe.

i wonder how much has changed, i read the cnet review as well, it said the sound was more refined, comfortable and better isolation

i wonder how thats possible! that makes me even more hopeful for future noontec products.

i was gonna get the m-80s( when it comes with the cliq fold hinges) eventually after the zoros but if noontec already upgraded in a year already, i might have to wait a bit longer! their next headphone might surpass the m-80s!! (yea, right, but still)

May 22, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #130 of 160
Quote:
Are those the regular Zoro headphones? 

it just comes to my knowledge that the HD model is already out.

Quote:
i wonder how much has changed, i read the cnet review as well, it said the sound was more refined, comfortable and better isolation

i wonder how thats possible! that makes me even more hopeful for future noontec products.

i was gonna get the m-80s( when it comes with the cliq fold hinges) eventually after the zoros but if noontec already upgraded in a year already, i might have to wait a bit longer! their next headphone might surpass the m-80s!! (yea, right, but still)

i doubt that it can surpass m-80 for it is only going for fifty something in US dollars in China, where it is genuinely given birth.

though i have got to admit its Performance/Cost is undeniably high.

May 24, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #131 of 160
$55 for the HDs, $47 for the regular Zoros on Woot, $5 for shipping regardless of number of pairs: http://tech.woot.com/plus/what-is-noontec

I just ordered the HDs. Looking forward to seeing how they sound :)

May 25, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #132 of 160
Can anyone please describe how good the sound isolation is on the Zoro HD? Are these useful on a plane? I really don't like having to turn up volume to drown out ambient noise...

I am no audio expert but I appreciate when something just sounds good. I currently just have some sub 50$ etymotic in ear headphones which use comply in ear foam tips. I am not crazy about the sound on that but the isolation is alright I guess.

Anyone can compare the Zoro HD to the Incase sonic? The Sonic looks very good and looks like better isolation perhaps but they also look way bigger if I'm correct....

May 27, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #135 of 160
Quote:
The CNET review describes the difference: http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/noontec-zoro-hd-true/4505-7877_7-35755682.html

In the CNET article, it says that they have a better seal, so more noise isolation, than the originals, but I don't really know what that even means in practice......like how much does it actually block....?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back