"Noob" question - high distortion?
Jul 28, 2012 at 7:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

SkitZ0

100+ Head-Fier
After owning a pair of Ultrasone DJ-1's for a year, I've realized that the sound of the music I'm listening to is distorted.  Sometimes it's minimal and doesn't bother me much (Cthulu Sleeps by Deadmau5) and other times it's downright awful, to the point where it sounds like two different songs blended together (Some Chords by Deadmau5).  Is it normal to experience distortion at max volume, especially that bad?  Could it be the combination of my headphones and the source?  Would an amp correct the problem?

My sources are an iPod Classic and an HP laptop with Beats Audio.

Jul 28, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #2 of 2
OK, after doing what I should have done before creating this thread (I know, I know, the search bar is my friend), I saw some threads saying that distortion happens because the volume is higher than what the drivers can handle.  This made sense until I realized that "BASSEX" by Arion distorts at around 40%, but only the extreme high distorts, and even then it still sounds like it's the same melody as the rest of the song, again, unlike "Some Chords" where only every fourth sounds like the original song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back