Noob question about Sennheiser IE6 and FiiO E7
Feb 9, 2011 at 11:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sandaz93

Head-Fier
Feb 9, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #2 of 5
It should give SOME improvements but since the IE6 is failry low impedance I think the majority of the people on this forum would agree with me that the increase in sound quality is very negligible for something with such low impedance, would be mind blowing if lets say you were trying to drive some 250Ohms full size headphones vs straight out of an iPod touch.

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
It should give SOME improvements but since the IE6 is failry low impedance I think the majority of the people on this forum would agree with me that the increase in sound quality is very negligible for something with such low impedance, would be mind blowing if lets say you were trying to drive some 250Ohms full size headphones vs straight out of an iPod touch.

That and the fact that the amp section of the E7 isn't spectacular. It's very good value if used as DAC to bypass crappy onboard sound (my netbook has to have the worst audio quality of anything produced this decade) but used purely as an amp it's a bit underwhelming for the price.

Feb 9, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #5 of 5
I've got the FiiO E7 and while it's a respectable and well built unit, it does not provide a "mind-blowing" performance - at least not for the IEMs I have used (M-Audio IE30, M-Audio IE40, Monster Turbine, Mobster Turbine PC)

The FiiO cleans things up and provides a very small boost for my IEMs, but for the price I could of had a pair of RE0 and been just as happy with the amp section of my 64GB iPod touch. Just my opinion.

But, if you have your heart set on the FiiO, I'll sell you mine with the E9 as well.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back