Non-Shure Replacement Cables?
Jul 6, 2012 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

audiophile-ish

New Head-Fier
I've had a pair of 215s for about three months now and I'm on my second pair of replacement cables already. About a month ago, my first set had a problem with the right cable (it was the cable, not the bud itself) cutting out so I got a new cables. Just now I started listening to some music and the right cable on the new pair is now at like half volume (again, it's the cable, not the bud itself). Are there any non-Shure replacement cables that work with the 215s? Preferably some without the ridiculously stiff plastic tubing/metal pipe thing. 

Funny enough, I decided on the 215s in a thread that I made three months ago titled "Buds that won't crap out in three months"...

Jul 6, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Preferably some without the ridiculously stiff plastic tubing/metal pipe thing. 

Do you have the clear cables? I have the black cable and ordered a clear one on ebay for $30 as a spare. The clear one is so much stiffer and more uncomfortable to wear. The black one I have is really comfortable and flexible and actually is still going strong. Still if you search on ebay there are heaps of aftermarket ones too.

Jul 7, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Do you have the clear cables? I have the black cable and ordered a clear one on ebay for $30 as a spare. The clear one is so much stiffer and more uncomfortable to wear. The black one I have is really comfortable and flexible and actually is still going strong. Still if you search on ebay there are heaps of aftermarket ones too.

Yeah, I have the clear ones. I might just try out black cables for the hell of it.

Jul 7, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Yeah, I have the clear ones. I might just try out black cables for the hell of it.

They might just seem so much stiffer because they are new. I mean I've brutalised my black cables over the past 5 months.. slept in them, caught them on stuff, had my toddler play with them etc. Still, on my digital callipers the clear cable is about 0.5mm wider around the memory wire section.

Actually you could also try removing the memory wire. The cable itself seems pretty flexible and on the clear cable you can see through it so would be easy to run a scalpel along the memory wire and get rid of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back