Nokia Lumia 920 sound quality?
Nov 23, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #61 of 143
Quote:
Anyone tried the Lumia 820 as well as the 920? Looking to upgrade my phone and the 920 is a little expensive for me :frowning2:

I just saw this review of 820.

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_820-review-854p6.php

Looks pretty similar to other Qualcomm SoC performance.

p.s. Thanks again for those who helped me last week. I decided to stick with Android and ordered an Int'l GS3 yesterday.

Nov 23, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #62 of 143
Soo happy to hear that this performs on the sound quality department. I know Lumia 900 and Lumia 800 (own Lumia 800) where crappiest Nokia high end phones ever when it came to sound quality... and in a same time they released 808 PureView that had amazing sound quality, but i guess that was partly derived by the SoC. Nokia has always delivered great performance on its high end phones with TI SoC's.  

Getting myself red Lumia 920 just when i can find one in here. 

I really am not anymore bothered with that everlasting catching-up game. Come on it's time enough to bring the real deal. Surely it's not impossible.

I have been wondering for a long time why non of the manufacturers have made proper music centered smartphone. There are branded ones and some that come with more expensive in-ears, but those are totally missing the point. Something like Nokia N91 back in 2006 that had Harman Kardon amplifier build in, no headphones were shipped at all and special made Toshiba chip just for the purpose. 
It seems like in general manufacturers aren't going for the niche markets like they once were. 

Nov 23, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #64 of 143
I do find my 920 DEFINATELY sounds better than my 900. I think Nokia did a fantastic job, especially this time around. I'm staying for coffee & cookies!!! :p

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #66 of 143
So guys what do you say?

Does this phone has better sound quality then HTC LEO HD2??

I'm flashed Windows Phone 7 in my phone.
Is it worth upgrading to a new one?
What diffrence is there between those two phones in sound quality?

Nov 25, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #67 of 143
Just ordered my Nokia Lumia 920 in Yellow 
biggrin.gif

i currently have an iPhone 5 for my business, does the Lumia 920 have better audio quality?
confused_face_2.gif

Nov 25, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #69 of 143
That article focuses entirely on it's recording capability being in mono as opposed to stereo from back in September. Whether or not it launched with mono only recording I have no idea, but it definitely has no impact on its music playback.

Also apple products aren't exactly renowned for their audio quality.

Nov 25, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #70 of 143
Quote:

Actually, the recent models sound quite good.

Nov 25, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #71 of 143
Quote:
That article focuses entirely on it's recording capability being in mono as opposed to stereo from back in September. Whether or not it launched with mono only recording I have no idea, but it definitely has no impact on its music playback.

Also even if it's only mono it got that amazing recording quality derived by their HAAC "rich recording" mics. I don't think any other phone comes even close on the sound recording compared to 808 PureView and Lumia 920. 

http://nokiagadgets.com/2012/11/04/lumia-920-first-proper-rich-recording-test-also-nice-quality-on-video/

Actually, the recent models sound quite good.

With the new Apple products you are certainly not getting crappy sound quality. Maybe not the best of the best, but above the mid pack. 

Nov 25, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #72 of 143
I saw this article several days back. Seems rather silly to me. Like multiple mics onboard a phone  (within inches of each other) are materially different from mono. Has this writer ever seen how stereo mics are set up for real live recording?

confused_face_2.gif

And yes, it has nothing to do with audio playback.

Nov 25, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #74 of 143

Users who are viewing this thread

Back