Nokia Lumia 920 sound quality?
Nov 12, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #16 of 143
Quote:
Hopefully I'll have a good report after I try it out tonight,...and I'll load "Pink Floyd's The Wall" and check out if it gapless or not. Wish me luck,...
wink.gif

I wish you nothing but the best mate :wink:

But i don't think Steve Ballmer buddies care too much for music...

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #17 of 143
 I wish you nothing but the best mate :wink:

But i don't think Steve Ballmer buddies care too much for music...

Well, like I said to my wife, if it sux I'll just walk into the AT&T store and return it. Then it'll be the SG Note II instead,... PowerAmp is superb!!! :cool:

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #18 of 143
I owned an iPhone 4s before and I am really satisfied with its sound quality. But I decided to change my phone recently and expected to get a new phone with similar audio quality as iPhone does. However, after I got my galaxy note 2, I was so disappointed about its audio quality. it's good, but not good enough. So I gave it to my uncle. Today I went to ATT store and tested the audio quality of Lumia 920 with my V-MODA M80 since the lumia 920 just came out like a few days ago. The audio quality is awesome and it comes with the Equalizer on the setting. The musics I used are hip-hop and R&B. The bass is solid and deep. Most importantly, it doesn't cover the treble. All the devices are tested with V-MODA M80. 

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #19 of 143
Well, I did prefer the sq of the iPhone 4 over the Lumia 900 a bit. And I also am a fan of (oh dear!!!) iTunes. The Zune software isn't very good, and the generated playlists are horrible!!! But, I luv the phone & OS enough to settle for the flaws. This round either it's got all the flaws corrected or I go back to either iOS or Android. I want my phone to be what I solely use as my portable media player - I'll accept no mistakes this time.

Nov 13, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #21 of 143
Paired with 2 of my headphones (Incase Sonic & hfi-780) the phone actually sounds fantastic. The volume isn't blazingly loud, but it's still more than loud enough. I'm not buying others who say it's got crap sq, and I'm glad I decide to test it for myself. This phone is a keeper. Even my single click inline control works perfectly. I'm not going back to Android OR iOS!!!

I do have one complaint tho,...you need to use a special comp app to transfer over your iTunes playlists. I don't mind that at all. What I do mind is that it always crashes when it's around 95-99% complete. Most of my stuff is on board,...but I'm missing some that are favorites.

And,...drag&drop is a feature of this phone and the WP8 OS. I know some of you will jump for joy on that one.:wink:

Nov 14, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #27 of 143
Gapless playblack...fingers crossed?

Thanks

Argh!!! I forgot!!! I'll load my albums tonight and let you know. I only went with a few playlists so far. It's all LAME V~0 stuff btw, so no WMA lossless. I hope you don't mind,...

Nov 14, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #28 of 143
I can confirm - no gapless playback :frowning2:

However - one observation I think I made is that the phone pairs wonderfully with my BA IEM's (Ultimate Ears) but doesn't play nice with my dynamic ones... 

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:54 AM Post #29 of 143
No, no gapless playback. But for me it's still great,...I use playlists all the time. YMMV,...

Nov 15, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #30 of 143
Thanks for the input ,mates.

My iPhone days are endless...since competition can't match the music & sound performance ;( No gapless  in 2012 is sad.

Anybody with sensitive in ear monitors could assess the noise floor ? is it as plainly audible as in the Lumia 900?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back