nokia 808 pureview vs n8
Jul 7, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #16 of 50
Flac support is the most disappointing thing about the sound quality part. 
If somebody can find usable player that supports it, please tell. 

After Lumia 800 and HTC Sensation xe sound quality, Nokia 808 is like breath of fresh air in that front. Again feel like investing to new in-ears. 

Jul 8, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #18 of 50
Have searched all over the web and the only Player I have found that supports FLAC is "Folders Play" ---- not very good reviews in ovi store though and price is S$4.99 Singapore Dollars.  No trial version and I have a thing against developers who will not offer a trial first -- even if only for a few hours.

I did trial a couple of free players looking for an option  --- Quasar MX Beta -- reads likes it has a ton of potential --- but it crashed my phone and I had to uninstall it.  Tried Zene demo but it seemed to not offer anything of interest.

Other players supposedly available include Tunewiki (Ad and Pro Versions), Audiowave 2, and Neila Player  ---- again no trials and I am not sure about FLAC support.

Maybe someone else has experience with these players. 

Jul 9, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #19 of 50
Jul 11, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #22 of 50
Regarding Music Launcher -- I downloaded this but I am not that savvy about self-signed Nokia apps yet.   The fact that it was requesting calling permissions was enough for me to cancel the installation.

Jul 11, 2012 at 4:43 AM Post #23 of 50
Tried Quasar from Nokia ovi store --- it crashed my phone while trying to read al my songs.  Have you sucessfully used it on 808 or are you commenting from experience with another phone?

Jul 11, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #24 of 50
Quote:
Tried Quasar from Nokia ovi store --- it crashed my phone while trying to read al my songs.  Have you sucessfully used it on 808 or are you commenting from experience with another phone?

Using it on my own 808 and have had no crashes after 3 days of it being my primary music player on it. 
Music in internal memory (in total 12GB of music).

Music Launcher was so horrible to use that i didn't bother "just" for the flac support.

Jul 11, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #25 of 50
Ok if its working for you then it must be I am feeding it too much Music.  I have 58+GB on the micro SD and it crashes on Library Scan --- First time at 60% again 50% then 90%.

Too bad -- it really looks like a good player in terms of features.

As it is only Beta I can hope he gets those memory issues fixed.

Jul 14, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #27 of 50
Just got the Nokia Pureview 808 from amazon.co.uk
Awesome phone.
1.As a mobile and camera Nokia 808
2.For internet browsing Samsung 7.7 3 G Tablet
3.For music Clip+ Rockboxed with W4R.
This is enough for a while ha ha
wink.gif

Jul 14, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #30 of 50
Quote:
I don't think there is such thing.Rockbox support up to 96 khz files but downsample to 44.1.
Enjoy your phone with 320 mp3 as there is no flac support.Make sure to have quality IEM(Westone) to get the most of it.

I don't care about flac or downsampling but want to play files w/ doing a preconversion.  

I don't use mp3s thanks, only WAV and reliably pick apart 320 or any compression using my headphone rig.  You can see my IEMs and gear in my sig but thanks for the suggestion...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back