Noise Cancelling Headphones
Nov 15, 2013 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ericbellet

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I am on the hunt for a pair of noise cancelling headphones so that I can really get in the zone at the office...  I have plenty of IEMs, mainly a pair of UE TF10s and the apple in ear headphones (which sound surprisingly good), so I am looking for a full size headphone.  I have narrowed down my search to two models.  The AKG 495NC and the Harman Kardon NC.  I know TONS more exist, however my employer gets a very good discount from Harman Kardon which brings both of these models to about 175.00 brand new.

Thanks in advance for the input!

Nov 15, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #2 of 5
not to be off topic but how loud is your office? I find it hard to believe that with some good closed back headphones or IEMs that you would be able to hear anything aside from the music may be a better option if its not crazy loud...

Nov 15, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #4 of 5
Hrm I myself have always steered away from active noise canceling( TBH I havent sampled many I always felt like im paying an extra premium when simply being passive noise reducing is sufficient), I definitely understand that long with IEMS can hurt, have you looked into any closed regular headphones? There are alot of good choices around that 200$ mark any kind of sound signature your looking for? I had some beyerdynamic Dt770s and they were very comfy blocked noise well and sounded really good.

Also consider this with your 2 choices as well leather/pleather can get very hot if on your head all day so consider something with velour earpads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back