Nobsound NS-08E also know as Nobsound 6J9 hybrid tube amp
Jan 16, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #301 of 388
Hi. No to your question, but officially 6Ж3 was replaced by better 6Ж4П (6AU6). It is one detail to look for compatible valves. The other one that looking at direct analogues 6AG5/EF96 and general behavior knowledge look for Mullard, RCA first. Then - Russian ones. If you like leaner sound but neutral and balanced - try GE (General Electric). Remember, that according to Russian specs valves with codes terminated with letter П normally have better parameter and longer life span, so their analogues formally are better options. Keep us informed, pls!

Jan 17, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #307 of 388
Hi All, my first post!
I bought this amp from Amazon UK and got the newer 6J3 version, however I had already gone out and bought some Tesla E180F NOS valves which I found are completely different. are there any upgrade valves for the 6J3 valves that anyone has tried yet?
Thanks all!
I used Amperex tubes in mine and I like 'em a lot. Others have used Russian tubes.

Jan 17, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #309 of 388
About audio jacks. Mine are fine, even being cheap. But, as noted many times for many equipment and cans, audio cables make difference, in case of this amp you need good ones for input and output.
You can save some money buying HiFi microphone ones. Use the same HQ cables & hardware, but are sold cheaper. Just be sure you can insert selected one in the smaller front hole or the jack pin is longer.

Jan 18, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #310 of 388
Hello everybody.
it's my first post here on the forum. I'm a new user. I bought a Xuanzu X2-U808, same to Nobsound ns-08e, indeed the Nobsound is a rebranded Xuanzu. The Nobosound pcb seen here, the few photos were branded Xuanzu. I preferred the Xuanzu to the nobsound, I did not want have the "new" version with the 6J3 tube.
I wanted a tip for modding. I read the discussion, the top seems to be Mullard E180F, with op Burson V5I-D? Correct?
Recommended alternative to burson V5I, op economic but performing?
Another note, power supply seems the weak point. how could it be improved?
have advice?

thank you very much, and sorry my english!
kind regards
Hiro

Jan 18, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #311 of 388
If you need "safe" options w/o paying too much, order any or Mullard/RCA/Amperex. This amp also benefits from opamp upgrade, but you have to see which ones you have first, may be they already installed better ones?
About power supply, look for any with the very familiar specs, +5% max. There are some used for quality equipment, there some multi-voltage units. I would say that prices could vary from 5$ to 150+$ If you have friends in technical/physics university departments, talk to them first.

Jan 18, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #312 of 388
thank you!
I already ordered on ebay, a pair Mullard E180F. The amp should arrive tomorrow, tubes next week!
Which opamp are usually installed? Which are the best?

Does anyone have the Xuanzu? I bought this

XuanZu-6j9-machine-DIY-amp-Headset-bile-tube-headphone-amplifier-HIFI-high-AMP-amplifier.jpg_640x640.jpg

Jan 19, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #315 of 388
I can hear electric static when I turn on the amp for maybe 5 Minutes, then it is gone. Also my volume control is not even on all settings. Are these known problems?
The noise when you turn it on is normal.
Just plug your headphones in after you've turned it on.
I had the same problem with the volume control on mine. i hade to change the volume pot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back