Nobsound NS-08E also know as Nobsound 6J9 hybrid tube amp
Aug 21, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #182 of 388
Hi everyone.
New hear. I've had my NS-08e for about 4 month now. I settled on the nobsound after reading a lot of good things about it on this forum and I'm glad I did.
At the moment I'm useing it with my jvc ha-rx900 headphones and it sounds really nice. I changed the tubes for a pair of Russian tubes that stoped the ringing and improved the sound a lot.
I also put a couple of heatsinks on the op amps to help take some of the heat.
It's a nice little amp for sure.

Aug 23, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #184 of 388
I'm not sure but I always err on the side of caution and only plug headphones in a few seconds AFTER I've turned on the amp.
I concur, even though from all I have read it seems to be okay if it is a low thump. If it is a loud thump or pop it is probably not good. I use a short headphone plug extension that stays connected to my amp, to save wear and tear on the amp plug.

Aug 28, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #185 of 388
I concur, even though from all I have read it seems to be okay if it is a low thump. If it is a loud thump or pop it is probably not good. I use a short headphone plug extension that stays connected to my amp, to save wear and tear on the amp plug.

ahh alright, i basically do the same. i just wanted to get sure whether it was needed or not.

but i think i just gonne leave as it is then.

Also, i get quite some interference when my smartphone is in the same room as my amp.... is there a way i could kinda shield my amp?

Aug 29, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #186 of 388
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Hi again.
Just wanted to show the heatsinks I put in my ns-08e
And my home made tube dampers made from an old leather belt.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #188 of 388
I have a pair of HD650's and a chord mojo. I was looking for a cheap for a cheap tube amp just to see if I like the tube sound and to try out the tube rolling hobby :)

This morning ( 8 hours ago ) I have accidentally discovered this amp. First place i came for reviews is here and when I find it has 13 pages(!!) on the forum I didn't hesitate! 13 pages for a 39£ tube amp? I need to have it. I bought it on amazon uk and it arrives tomorrow.

Throughout my work day I was able to read most of the replies here and I feel I made a great decision buying it,

I will post an update of how it sounds, with the stock tubes, and how dfoes it pair with my mojo.

And now a question: Does anyone know where to buy tubes for this around Birmingham UK? I prefer to go to a store and help local retail than just buy random tubes on ebay.

Oct 2, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #189 of 388
I have a pair of HD650's and a chord mojo. I was looking for a cheap for a cheap tube amp just to see if I like the tube sound and to try out the tube rolling hobby :)

This morning ( 8 hours ago ) I have accidentally discovered this amp. First place i came for reviews is here and when I find it has 13 pages(!!) on the forum I didn't hesitate! 13 pages for a 39£ tube amp? I need to have it. I bought it on amazon uk and it arrives tomorrow.

Throughout my work day I was able to read most of the replies here and I feel I made a great decision buying it,

I will post an update of how it sounds, with the stock tubes, and how dfoes it pair with my mojo.

And now a question: Does anyone know where to buy tubes for this around Birmingham UK? I prefer to go to a store and help local retail than just buy random tubes on ebay.

Hope you like it. Let us know what you think.
Sorry can't help with the tubes here in the uk I bought some Russian tubes on ebay and they are a big improvement on the stock tubes.
The Chinese tubes that come with the amp are very microphonic.

Oct 3, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #190 of 388
Hope you like it. Let us know what you think.
Sorry can't help with the tubes here in the uk I bought some Russian tubes on ebay and they are a big improvement on the stock tubes.
The Chinese tubes that come with the amp are very microphonic.

I have not tried it much, but what I can tell so far is that it brings me not much coloration, the way I am using it.

If i use it directly from my laptop to power my HD650's, it powers them. They get loud. But still the bass is not there, very recessed - but that could be the source.

If I use it after my chord mojo, I "think" I can tell a difference. Very slightly - but could be placebo. Perhaps the tubes need some burn-in, or I need to swap them. I'll give it another go later this week and let it on for a couple of hours more. If I can't tell a significant difference I might get some new tubes.

It looks cool though :)

Oct 3, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #191 of 388
I have not tried it much, but what I can tell so far is that it brings me not much coloration, the way I am using it.

If i use it directly from my laptop to power my HD650's, it powers them. They get loud. But still the bass is not there, very recessed - but that could be the source.

If I use it after my chord mojo, I "think" I can tell a difference. Very slightly - but could be placebo. Perhaps the tubes need some burn-in, or I need to swap them. I'll give it another go later this week and let it on for a couple of hours more. If I can't tell a significant difference I might get some new tubes.

It looks cool though :)

What you are describing sounds about right for the stock tubes.
Bright with not a lot of bass and not a lot going on with the soundstage.
I wouldn't judge it with those Chinese tubes they are not much cop and do the amp no justice.
Roll the tubes as soon as possible. You don't need to spend a fortune on them to get a big improvement.

Oct 3, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #192 of 388
What you are describing sounds about right for the stock tubes.
Bright with not a lot of bass and not a lot going on with the soundstage.
I wouldn't judge it with those Chinese tubes they are not much cop and do the amp no justice.
Roll the tubes as soon as possible. You don't need to spend a fortune on them to get a big improvement.

You just gave me the hope in it i needed to order a pair of tubes.

Is there any tubes you recommend? There are plenty suggestions on this thread - thinking of buying the ones that I could get quicker :)

Oct 3, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #193 of 388
You just gave me the hope in it i needed to order a pair of tubes.

Is there any tubes you recommend? There are plenty suggestions on this thread - thinking of buying the ones that I could get quicker :)

Sorry but I'm only just starting on the tube rolling path. I bought the Russian tubes as I didn't want to spend too much incase I couldn't tell the difference. They have convinced me there is more to come in sound quality and they are solid I can tap my amp and there is no microphones at all.
They have made this little amp sing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back