Noble Seattle, WA Tour
Sep 11, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #61 of 70
Demo Party Update:
Unless we get slammed last minute with party requests, we currently have the capacity to meet individually with those requesting demos to give them a better chance to hear the lineup in a quiet space. To be added to the list, please PM me.

Sep 11, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #62 of 70
  Table Update Notice:
The tour schedule table has now been updated with the new schedule for those coming up in the tour. Dregur should be getting his turn starting today with a hand off from Soundsgoodtome. The tour will follow the same order with everyone getting their turn 4 days earlier. The time has been moved to the end to accommodate a demo party. 

Met Dregur a few hours ago, he should be checking in shortly. Thanks again for putting this together. I'll have my impressions when I've gathered my notes together and put it all in this thread.

The Hugo was a nice audition as well. I didn't use it for the IEMs but I did get to try it with my MDR-7520 for a portable experience and it was impressive over the DX100. A/Bing between the DX100 and Hugo there was an audible difference in details (DX100 to headphone and DX100 to Hugo via toslink to headphone). The $2500 vs $800 price tag between the two however made diminishing returns quite substantial. Specs on internal components for the Hugo is impressive though from a tech standpoint.

Sep 15, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #64 of 70
I just handed off the package to earthpeople a night earlier due to work schedules and traffic around Seattle on Monday. Looking at my notes, I think the word I used most was "Wow."

Sep 20, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #66 of 70
After talking with AndrewZander, he has decided to pass due to some work related timing problems. I will be getting in touch with the next person, Poetik.

24 Sept: Gear has been passed off to Poetik.

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #68 of 70
Quote:
  K10
Moving up Noble's court is the K10.  This last comparison involves my recently acquired UERM. 

The K in the K10 apparently stands for Kaiser, a man or myth - I don't even know. After listening to the K10, I stand to say that the 'K' can also mean 'King' and the K10 wears its mighty crown with utmost authority.  Fanboys of Final Design Audio may know where I'm coming from, but the K10 does something really special in that It somehow creates a very strong and emotional connection with the music and listener. The smooth and rich, full of detail, clarity, incredible stage depth, and everything else that describes the listening landscape is nothing short of magical. Yes, it may sound like I'm sugar coating it, but compared to my UERM, the K10 possesses a rare, near perfect mix of smoothness, musicality, naturalness, and refinement that has the ability to make any music sound very engaging and emotional, 24/7. I attend to agree with the many views that states the K10 really doesn't have a weakness or fault unless one prefers a more analytical and sterile presentation or signature. However, if I had to identify an area of weakness from my ears, it would be when the stage can sound a little compressed with too much of everything.  Then again, I'm coming from the UERM and Tzar 350 that may not sound nearly as full as the K10, but a little more stage width and air would help with the transparency.

Alpha, I agree with everything you said about the k10.  However I think that "compressed" feeling you're talking about could be at least partially alleviated by custom shells.  My miracles look to be near twice the size of the demo k10, yet the k10 still showed great instrument separation regardless.  Just the size and driver placement should space everything out and would really have it sounding expansive.

While listening to the k10, I can only imagine what the potential of it would sound like.  Compared to my miracles, it had more forward vocals, definitely more midbass / bass presence, and I could pinpoint where sounds were coming from more accurately.  I'm not sure if that has to do with driver placement or the amount of drivers dedicated to a specific sound region but some sounds were definitely more noticeable on the k10 than the Miracle.  I can't remember the specific track but it played an ethereal synth in the right channel.  On the k10, it made sure I knew it was playing but meanwhile on the Miracle, it was more of a subtle sound.  I really like what was done with this ciem on how it allows you to just enjoy the music but at the same time, have all the attributes that a top tier ciem should have.  Alpha just about summed it up for everyone and I must say I'm really impressed with it.  So impressed that I wish I had a more extended listening time with it.

Edit: I think the thing that really sets these apart is that they are so versatile.  They have no weaknesses and I think what really stood out is the fact that they are more of a fun ciem with a thicker sound signature yet you lose no upper treble quality.  Actually it's kinda weird because the treble seems to be a bit of a highlight with these.  You really don't find this much detail in a bass heavier ciem.  I found myself missing that part about the k10 when comparing to my ciems.

Passed everything off to Barrasr on 9/28.

Sep 29, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #69 of 70
I agree, Poetik.  A custom form would most likely alleviate a little of that compressed feeling.  If there is a BF temptation, I'll be fighting really hard to not give in.  A K10 with the PR switch would be my end game, both sonically and financially.  Based on the size of the universal K10 shell cavity, I know there's room to add it, at least for my ears (hint, hint). 

Sep 30, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #70 of 70
  I agree, Poetik.  A custom form would most likely alleviate a little of that compressed feeling.  If there is a BF temptation, I'll be fighting really hard to not give in.  A K10 with the PR switch would be my end game, both sonically and financially.  Based on the size of the universal K10 shell cavity, I know there's room to add it, at least for my ears (hint, hint). 

Man, I know exactly what you mean.  I already own 2 ciems and would be EXTREMELY tempted to buy a k10 if there was a nice discount on it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back