NOBLE Savant Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours)
Nov 26, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #511 of 928
Wow, nice sale.  Not sure what to do.  I'm thinking of going all out to get the K 10's.  Will the Aluminums sound better or is it just for looks?  Cheapest way to get them?  Can I sell my cool blue swirl Wizard Savants if I go that direction?  All I can say is that I've been using the Savants daily.  I have used them extensively with a Macintosh headphone amp, Music Hall 25.3 DAC/Headphone amp, my Linn system in the bedroom, iPhone 6s plus, Headphone Bithead or something or other DAC (my portable little DAC/amp I've had for years)  as well as some other high end amps that I've been listening to recently in my travels.  I know I have a winning product when I don't fully appreciate them until I have used them for a long time.  Often times it's what they DON'T do, rather than what they do.  You've all heard how nice they are on vocals and how open they are etc...  The Ayre Codex is a special special DAC/Amp.  I have spent a ton of time with this unit since a few weeks before they came to market and I can tell you that this is worth every penny. I've found that the Savant is lacking in the bass as has been talked about before.  It's not a huge deal with my iPhone, but I'm going to be getting the Onkyo balanced DAP soon I think.  That's when I'll need to get a balanced cable and run it in balanced mode to get the most out of them (unless I can sell them and get the K10's if they are going to be that much better).  

I got to hear so many of the IEM's over 1k when I was in Osaka as a big store near the train station this summer (huge store, but forget the name).  I think there were many really nice ones depending on what sound you like, but none were as neutral as these.  I listen to a lot of high res jazz, rock/pop and blues, so bass is very important to me.  I have a full range system at home and miss the bass on many recordings.  What's there is outstanding, but not deep.  Kind of like listening to a great Proac monitor.  Great from 50hz on up and very open.  That's what they do so well, but maybe it's time already to think about moving up in the line with this great sale.  

Nov 26, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #512 of 928
I'm also salivating over this sale. I'm a long time lover or Etymotic ER4P. Tried upgrading to Dunu DN-2000 but was unhappy with the vocal representation. Thinking of trying Noble?

Are Noble Savant right for me?

Nov 26, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #513 of 928
  I'm also salivating over this sale. I'm a long time lover or Etymotic ER4P. Tried upgrading to Dunu DN-2000 but was unhappy with the vocal representation. Thinking of trying Noble?

Havens personally tried the ER4P or Savant (Would Like To/Waiting For After Christmas) but that's always a tricky question to answer simply because one of the main problems is that everyone hears and perceives differently. Because of this while we can and you can certainly find reviews and impressions of the iem, what someone absolutely loves maybe, to you is a iem that you will curse the name of until the end of time and immediately put on sale. 

YMMV - Your Mileage May Vary

Nov 26, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #514 of 928

Havens personally tried the ER4P or Savant (Would Like To/Waiting For After Christmas) but that's always a tricky question to answer simply because one of the main problems is that everyone hears and perceives differently. Because of this while we can and you can certainly find reviews and impressions of the iem, what someone absolutely loves maybe, to you is a iem that you will curse the name of until the end of time and immediately put on sale. 

YMMV - Your Mileage May Vary

I would love to try them all out but Noble doesn't offer demo units and the return policy carries a 20% restock fee so that demo session will be very very very expensive. 

Nov 26, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #515 of 928

Some of the DNA of the Savant belongs to the ER4P, so you essentially get the same clarity and details that the ER4p provides, but with a pinch more bass.

I got to hear so many of the IEM's over 1k when I was in Osaka as a big store near the train station this summer (huge store, but forget the name).  I think there were many really nice ones depending on what sound you like, but none were as neutral as these.  I listen to a lot of high res jazz, rock/pop and blues, so bass is very important to me.  I have a full range system at home and miss the bass on many recordings.  What's there is outstanding, but not deep.  Kind of like listening to a great Proac monitor.  Great from 50hz on up and very open.  That's what they do so well, but maybe it's time already to think about moving up in the line with this great sale.  

If you like the Savants, but would like a more robust bass response, especially in the lower freq region, the K10 just may fit your preferred sound characteristics like a glove.

Analyzing the differences between the two, the bass driver of the Savant has the surface area 1/4 the size of the combined bass drivers of the K10.

That being said, the bass driver of the Savant is ported, so it does produce a good amount of bass, for the surface area that it has.  (kind of like a well designed desk speaker with a ported 4 inch cone can surprise you, but it just can't keep up with a 12 inch cone)

I'm not here saying the K10 is a muddy bass monster, as it is not.  The K10 maintains a fine balance between clarity, and a visceral bass response.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 26, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #516 of 928

Some of the DNA of the Savant belongs to the ER4P, so you essentially get the same clarity and details that the ER4p provides, but with a pinch more bass.

If you like the Savants, but would like a more robust bass response, especially in the lower freq region, the K10 just may fit your preferred sound characteristics like a glove.

Analyzing the differences between the two, the bass driver of the Savant has the surface area 1/4 the size of the combined bass drivers of the K10.

That being said, the bass driver of the Savant is ported, so it does produce a good amount of bass, for the surface area that it has.  (kind of like a well designed desk speaker with a ported 4 inch cone can surprise you, but it just can't keep up with a 12 inch cone)

I'm not here saying the K10 is a muddy bass monster, as it is not.  The K10 maintains a fine balance between clarity, and a visceral bass response.

Intersting.  Will the K10's have the same or better sound from mid bass up?  That's the one area of the Savant that I really enjoy a whole lot.  It even makes my late night TV listening fun (wife falls asleep early and I look forward to just hooking up the headphones to my Linn Kiko system.  It's amazing how nice it all sounds, but I have a ton of high res recordings that just sound awesome on the Savants so I don't want to lose that. I sent you an email asking about the CEIM 10's as I don't want to upset readers here talking about something other than the Savant.  Thanks so much.

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #517 of 928

Intersting.  Will the K10's have the same or better sound from mid bass up?  That's the one area of the Savant that I really enjoy a whole lot.  It even makes my late night TV listening fun (wife falls asleep early and I look forward to just hooking up the headphones to my Linn Kiko system.  It's amazing how nice it all sounds, but I have a ton of high res recordings that just sound awesome on the Savants so I don't want to lose that. I sent you an email asking about the CEIM 10's as I don't want to upset readers here talking about something other than the Savant.  Thanks so much.

There are some Head Fiers that own both, and they may be able to provide a better answer than me.  Sorensiin, wrote a review, covering the K10 (one of the first reviews for the K10)   He subsequently wrote a review for the Savant as well.   You may want to read over those, and see why he gave the K10 5 stars, and the Savant 4.5 stars.

That being said, I do believe Cotton Eye Joe, rated the Savant above the K10.....   so I really think at this level of the game it comes down to ....

Blondes or brunets? 

For me, I use both, the Savants and the K10's and switch back and forth from time to time......  (kind of a mood thing & right now, I'm back in the K10 mode)

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 26, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #518 of 928
I fully get it. I never worried about hair color, lol.  I'll go check out the reviews. It just seems like the 3D printed 10's may be a great value if they sound the same as the aluminum IEM ones 

Nov 26, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #519 of 928

Compared to the Er4s, the Savant has a bit more bass slam and better texture/depth. Sub bass is relatively similar between the two. Mids is more lush on the Savant but maintains decent clarity and detail. I also prefer the treble on the Savant, smoother but more natural timbre. Treble extension from memory is a bit more extended on the er4s. But I could be wrong as I find the Savant quite sufficient.

Hope that helps.

Nov 26, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #520 of 928
I fully get it. I never worried about hair color, lol.  I'll go check out the reviews. It just seems like the 3D printed 10's may be a great value if they sound the same as the aluminum IEM ones 

You may also want to check out Loquah's Savant review. He has compared the Savant to the K10. Link is on the first page of this thread.

Nov 26, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #521 of 928
This is it guys... Don't miss out on this awesome deal if you've been eyeing on Noble IEMs.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of those who celebrated!​

Don't forget our Black Friday event begins in a few hours, 20% off all IEMs and CIEMs plus a complimentary BTS while supplies last.​

Nov 27, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #522 of 928

Compared to the Er4s, the Savant has a bit more bass slam and better texture/depth. Sub bass is relatively similar between the two. Mids is more lush on the Savant but maintains decent clarity and detail. I also prefer the treble on the Savant, smoother but more natural timbre. Treble extension from memory is a bit more extended on the er4s. But I could be wrong as I find the Savant quite sufficient.

Hope that helps.

So would you consider the Savant a worthwhile upgrade from ER4Ps if my only complaints with them were lack of bass and a smallish soundstage? 

Nov 27, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #523 of 928
So would you consider the Savant a worthwhile upgrade from ER4Ps if my only complaints with them were lack of bass and a smallish soundstage? 

IMHO yes, I'd take the Savant over the er4s for a variety of reasons including what you've mentioned. Not necessarily wider soundstage but more on its 3d headstage with better height and depth in terms of imaging.

Nov 27, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #524 of 928

Strangely enough, I found that 3rd party tips deliver presentation overall with the dn2000. It is such a picky hybrid! Maybe you should consider aurisonics too...but let's save it for another thread.

Nov 27, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #525 of 928
Contemplating between the Noble Savant (
$479​
) and the Heir Audio 4.AI S (
$279​
).

Any tips?

From what I read, the Savant has a better bass presence. The question is whether it's a $200 worth bass presence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back