NOBLE Savant Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours)
Oct 1, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #376 of 928
I was so lucky to get the blue custom ones. I get compements from everyone on them. Even my college age daughter adn her friends thought there were to best. I'm really liking how they are breaking in. Smooth is a word many are using, however I feel they are exciting. No veiling and very extended. I will admit that I really would love ot have the same bass, but an octave lower. I notice it on some cuts. Overall, they are wonderful producers of music. I'm glad I went this direction oover going with the Massdrop E.xxx from Custom Art, which I'm sure are nice too.

Oct 3, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #377 of 928

I just received my Wizard Savant in two tone Amboyna Burl today! Thanks to John and Brannan for your timely responses to all my questions and concerns. Noble Audio customer service is definitely top notch!!

Oct 3, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #378 of 928

Oct 3, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #379 of 928
I was so lucky to get the blue custom ones. I get compements from everyone on them. Even my college age daughter adn her friends thought there were to best. I'm really liking how they are breaking in. Smooth is a word many are using, however I feel they are exciting. No veiling and very extended. I will admit that I really would love ot have the same bass, but an octave lower. I notice it on some cuts. Overall, they are wonderful producers of music. I'm glad I went this direction oover going with the Massdrop E.xxx from Custom Art, which I'm sure are nice too.

I just received my Wizard Savant in two tone Amboyna Burl today! Thanks to John and Brannan for your timely responses to all my questions and concerns. Noble Audio customer service is definitely top notch!!

Congratulations guys!

That Amboyna Burl looks awesome. Let us know more on how they sound...

Oct 3, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #380 of 928
That burl really is beautiful. Wow. great work guys. Was at an exclusive high end store yesterday listening to some fun products like DCS digital and Ayre, Boulder, Macintosh and AR electronics. They had a nice set up with Senn HD 800's, Audeze LCD 2 & 3, Ayre Codex and Macintosh headphone DAC/Amp. I listened to a few familiar tracks on the way out of the store with LCD 2 & 3 on Codex and Mac. The Mac is a 4,500 box vs 1500 for Codex.I'll do a separate write up when I have time on the two boxes, but it was the first time I've liked the Audeze cans. They don't give me that emotional attachment, but are open, clean, fast, spacsioius etc... Heavy as heck, but very comfortable.

I then put my Savants in expecting them to be embarassed. The Codex/Savant mix (1500 for Codex) sounded awesome. I wish they had a balanced two pin cable in the store! I WILL go balanced when I get a DAP and I will need a nice cable. When doing balanced vs single end on the cans, the difference was night and day. BTW, the Pono balanced on Senn's sounded great.

The Savants are exactly what they are and that's conhesive. I didn't like one of the 200k speaker set ups with the largest Boulder mono blocks and pre amp fed the multi box DCS rig with Nordost Odin mk2 cables. That system was run through Shynyata top of line power conditioning. I would take my rig over that one in a heartbeat. No emotional connection whatsoever. That's a 750,000 rig at least when you take into consideration the room. There really was no cohesion to my ear. That's what I'm finding wrong with so many of the IEM's I've been able to listen to and that included most of the JH Audio Siren series. I value the mids SOOOO much and if you can't do them justice, the transducer will not sound right to my ears. I can't handle most folks version of extended either as it's mostly tipping up the high end a DB to three. Most folks confuse that with 'fast' or 'open' and it's not. That's just someone trying to make their product exciting. I haven't felt that with the Savants. Again, if you need that last octave, these aren't for you either. Personally, I want that eventually, but for commuter iem's you can't do much better. I was on the metro all day yesterday and was listening to Apple Lossless recordings of 70's/80's rock via the new iPhone 6s Plus and Savants. They sounded really good for isolation and the bass was just fine. The I never noticed the sweet mids or highs, in part because they never drew attention to themselves. They are sounding better and better each day and that is a great sign. Maybe I will get some extra bass, but at least the bass is oustanding for what we get. It's similar to listneing to a great Proac or Dynaudio monitor that goes to about 50Hz's.

I was impressed that when set up using the higher end DAC's/amps that they did get better and you could hear the differences. The sound stage really did open up a great deal and overall the music was much more relaxed. They are worthy of the better DAP's that will come out soon Im sure. I'm jealous of those of you who get product sent to you to review as I have little access to any of them unless I purchase. Personal audio is new to me, but I can already tell that I'll be on the lookout to keep betterng my equipment within reason. Thanks for letting me play and thanks for some great IEM's.

Oct 6, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #384 of 928

To say this is puts the trustworthiness of Noble Audio into question is an understatement. Such a disconnect between cost of components and final cost of product is something that any consumer should be aware of. Noble deliberately hid this information on a $599 product because they knew that it would paint them in a poor light. This is also a universal IEM which means cost of production are even lower than for a custom model.

There is no way I will ever recommend Noble products if this is how they treat customers and anyone who buys a Noble Audio product should be aware of this. I'm sure other CIEM makers are doing this too but that is no justification and ultimately the consumer loses which is why this matters.

Pricing is always subjective.
A&K, Apple, Nike, Premium motor vehicles...

I buy Nike shoes because they are comfortable, not because they are great value or their profit margin is low.
People buy $1500 iPhones (Australia) blindly.  How much do you think these cost to make?  For most people its about the brand or experience.
You buy a Merc, BMW, hell Maybach for the feeling it gives you and the experience, not because they run a tight margin....

Ultimately, I like the sound of the Savant and I think in the market, it represents decent value sound to $$ amongst its peers.
How much it costs to make is of little concern to me personally.

I know other people such as yourself have different views on it, which is perfectly fine, but to slam a company for being untrustworthy seems a little rich to me.

Oct 6, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #387 of 928

Pricing is always subjective.
A&K, Apple, Nike, Premium motor vehicles...

I buy Nike shoes because they are comfortable, not because they are great value or their profit margin is low.
People buy $1500 iPhones (Australia) blindly.  How much do you think these cost to make?  For most people its about the brand or experience.
You buy a Merc, BMW, hell Maybach for the feeling it gives you and the experience, not because they run a tight margin....

Ultimately, I like the sound of the Savant and I think in the market, it represents decent value sound to $$ amongst its peers.
How much it costs to make is of little concern to me personally.

I know other people such as yourself have different views on it, which is perfectly fine, but to slam a company for being untrustworthy seems a little rich to me.

Hiding the driver number because you know people will question the price is untrustworthy. The obsession with driver number is not in my opinion a good thing but the answer is not to charge a high price and hide that number. That's scummy practice.

Apple also make high quality products though I don't like their ecosystem. They don't use cheap molds, cables and pelican cases. They don't put their products in cheap carboard boxes with the SN written on the box, not the product, with a blank warranty card that doesn't even have the SN printed on it! That is cheapskate cost cutting on a very expensive product.

The vast majority do expect price to fall inline with cost. I hope that people can use this information to reconsider whether they wish to purchase a Savant. It's important that consumers are informed to make these decisions.

Oct 6, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #388 of 928

The Savant fits really well and sounds like I had hoped and more!!!!! Review in progress.....

Oct 6, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #389 of 928
This is a ridiculous comment. However 'noble' you think other iem manufacturers are, I assure you that they exist solely to make money for their owners.

The savant is the first noble product I have bought (so you can't dismiss me as a fan boy) and I couldn't be happier with it. Everything which I was promised from a sound point of view has at least been met and the build quality is excellent (I got some wizard design ones). If the price charged didn't allow the people involved to make a decent living (hopefully better than they could earn elsewhere given the stress/risk involved in running your own company) then they simply wouldn't do the job. Where would that leave all of us? Buying lower quality iems, possibly at a lower price? Spending the same amount with another manufacturer that doesn't provide the same level of customer service, personalisation, sound quality etc but that uses more drivers?

Sadly there seems to be an obsession with driver count at the moment, rather than a focus on sound quality. I for one would much rather pay a premium price for something that sounds fantastic (i.e. noble savant) than something which performs notably worse but has a higher component cost. It seems that any other point of view would be fairly irrational.

To say this is puts the trustworthiness of Noble Audio into question is an understatement. Such a disconnect between cost of components and final cost of product is something that any consumer should be aware of. Noble deliberately hid this information on a $599 product because they knew that it would paint them in a poor light. This is also a universal IEM which means cost of production are even lower than for a custom model.

There is no way I will ever recommend Noble products if this is how they treat customers and anyone who buys a Noble Audio product should be aware of this. I'm sure other CIEM makers are doing this too but that is no justification and ultimately the consumer loses which is why this matters.

Oct 6, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #390 of 928
This is a ridiculous comment. However 'noble' you think other iem manufacturers are, I assure you that they exist solely to make money for their owners.

The savant is the first noble product I have bought (so you can't dismiss me as a fan boy) and I couldn't be happier with it. Everything which I was promised from a sound point of view has at least been met and the build quality is excellent (I got some wizard design ones). If the price charged didn't allow the people involved to make a decent living (hopefully better than they could earn elsewhere given the stress/risk involved in running your own company) then they simply wouldn't do the job. Where would that leave all of us? Buying lower quality iems, possibly at a lower price? Spending the same amount with another manufacturer that doesn't provide the same level of customer service, personalisation, sound quality etc but that uses more drivers?

Sadly there seems to be an obsession with driver count at the moment, rather than a focus on sound quality. I for one would much rather pay a premium price for something that sounds fantastic (i.e. noble savant) than something which performs notably worse but has a higher component cost. It seems that any other point of view would be fairly irrational.

Yes, that's what I should have said, thanks.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back