NOBLE CABLE CONTEST - WIN A NOBLE 6W
Jun 16, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #1,159 of 1,214
I bet your having fun Brannan...
wink.gif

You know it, bud! 
tongue.gif

Jun 16, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #1,161 of 1,214

Both Wild and kova4a with their guesses of 147.6 lbs.

Congratulations guys! 
beerchug.gif

Looking forward to the next one... and a big thanks to Noble Audio for hosting the contest!

Jun 16, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #1,163 of 1,214
Honestly i dont think finding it over the internet disqualifies you, because internet is available for all and probably everybody already searched the internet

I think it should. It says right in the contest description that you have to "guess the pull-strength of [their] Noble cable". Looking up the answer isn't fair to people that guessed fairly, especially to that one guy that was off by one decimal.

I agree with the final decision made, but in the future, companies should keep in mind that guessing games for contests can end like this and even one of the two new winners could have cheated. We won't know unless they say, but the conflict is resolved. Raffles or other random winner contests are better and safer.

Jun 16, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #1,164 of 1,214
I'm not going to argue about this decision on NOBLE's part as it was presented to me logically and I can understand it. I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed, especially since I'm all but certain that most people entering in this contest have at least tried to look it up, but such is life.

Now, for future contests and whatnot, it will be helpful to know that I saw the video simply by hovering over the search result and Bing will just play it automatically in a small window. I never clicked on the video link since I didn't have to. I guess that Bing just played a cached copy of the vid without actually going through Vimeo. So evidently just password protecting a vid will not stop some search engines to play a cached version. Again, that's just speculation.

Congrats to the winners!

Jun 16, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #1,166 of 1,214
OK, I am starting to get a little miffed. I did not cheat. Period. I looked it up on a search engine which is what most people did, I'm sure. Watch it with your accusations.
I said that I saw the vid to make sure NOBLE would not see any bad repercussions from this and no other reasons. I did not feel guilt as there was nothing to feel guilty about!

Jun 16, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #1,167 of 1,214

exactly my point!!

The video dr13zhen saw was a completely different video that had audio of our cable guys talking. That is how dr13zhen knew the test was performed in kilograms, because at the end one of the guys read out the result "66.95 kilograms". We never intended anyone to see the video in question and it was uploaded it so I could share it with John. Furthermore, it was password protected from the very beginning.

Please do not forget that we could have performed a seemingly infinite number of tests and cherry picked a result that would have only had one winning entry associated with it. We didn't do that however, we took it on good faith that dr13zhen's guess was legitimate and even in light of the fact that he had prior knowledge before entering the contest, we are still awarding two people with Noble 6Ws which is extremely generous no matter how you cut it.

People are acting like we squandered their money or something...

Jun 16, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #1,168 of 1,214
At least dr13zehn told the truth. And I appreciate the ethics you have done.

But there are two other people who guessed 147.6 lbs.

Ranging from

0-200 lbs there are a total of 2000 combinations with one decimal place.

and 2 users "guessed" the number to the exact decimal place. Seems like something is wrong.

Who knows that they just guessed and not previously seen the video and not admitting to it?

Jun 16, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #1,169 of 1,214
  At least dr13zehn told the truth. And I appreciate the ethics you have done.

But there are two other people who guessed 147.6 lbs.

Ranging from

0-200 lbs there are a total of 2000 combinations with one decimal place.

and 2 users "guessed" the number to the exact decimal place. Seems like something is wrong.

Who knows that they just guessed and not previously seen the video and not admitting to it?

Of course that's what happened. But they won, I mean, I think they should have just done a random drawing. There's nothing else we can do at this point. 

Jun 16, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #1,170 of 1,214
  OK, I am starting to get a little miffed. I did not cheat. Period. I looked it up on a search engine which is what most people did, I'm sure. Watch it with your accusations.
I said that I saw the vid to make sure NOBLE would not see any bad repercussions from this and no other reasons. I did not feel guilt as there was nothing to feel guilty about!

Agreed, I believe you used the tools available to you, but the problem is....  ultimately you discovered the answer, and at that point, once you KNOW the answer to the riddle, this knowledge is beyond the deffinition of what a "guess" is.

But I don't consider you a CHEAT, etc etc.  

We want to do more activities like this, and of course utlizing video, as we think this adds to the excitement.  But obviously we need to figure out a more secure method, or the other option is we just don't have such contests in the future.....  

Either way, I thank you for your honesty, it is refreshing to see it.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back