NOBLE CABLE CONTEST - WIN A NOBLE 6W
Jun 16, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #1,096 of 1,214
  Are you kidding me? Wow! So I was away from the correct answer based on pure luck coz I chose pounds instead of kilos - 147.6 lbs, which equals - 66.95kg - how can I be more correct in pounds to the first decimal place? Nevermind, just wondering

I understand where you are coming from, but dr13zhen guessed it spot on and that is going to be rewarded. His answer is the most correct answer possible.

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #1,097 of 1,214

I understand where you are coming from, but dr13zhen guessed it spot on and that is going to be rewarded. His answer is the most correct answer possible.

"To enter the contest, all you have to do is guess the pull-strength of our Noble cable (in kilos or pounds) to the first-decimal place. Everyone can enter up to three times and the closest estimation takes the cake!"  I think kova4a deserves something.

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #1,098 of 1,214

Yeah,  but kinda weird to lose because of a 0.0002338kg difference coz it can't be that punctual with pounds vs kilos and a contest rule to maguess down to the first decimal number. Anyway, congrats to the winner

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #1,100 of 1,214

"To enter the contest, all you have to do is guess the pull-strength of our Noble cable (in kilos or pounds) to the first-decimal place. Everyone can enter up to three times and the closest estimation takes the cake!"  I think kova4a deserves something.

That's fine, kova4a can PM me directly and we can discuss the matter further.

The reason we asked everyone guess to the first-decimal place is two fold. 1) We wanted to keep things simple and 2) the testing equipment used to test the pull-strength of the cable only outputs to two decimal places. That being said, if we are going to revert back to the rules, it does not state that you can't guess to more than one decimal place.

Jun 16, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #1,104 of 1,214
OMG OMG OMG... I am so super excited!!! I have never won anything like this before. Thanks so much for this contest you awesomesauce that is NOBLE!

Jun 16, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #1,108 of 1,214

Well, congratulations to whoever wins it,

But i have to say that to first decimal place means to first decimal place no more no less, specially in a case of tie !

Also giving one guess only direct to the spot, without using ur other guesses, make this hardly count as a guess, i dont take it as a reason to call him a winner directly, i would rather take it as a reason to call it a tie and find someway to sort it between them.

Thats my humble opinion, no offense to both users.

Congratulations again.

Jun 16, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #1,109 of 1,214
so the winner took JUST ONE guess and he gets it right 100% ?

ooooooooooooooooooooook.

Jun 16, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #1,110 of 1,214
OK, before this gets out of hand, I want to clarify something.

I only put one answer down because I did know the answer. I had seen a video they had made before the contest (on Vimeo I think) that was in a Bing search result when I looked up NOBLE products.
I was not aware that knowing the answer was not OK. I am not affiliated with NOBLE at all and I don't want this to start souring their good intentions with this awesome contest.
If that disqualifies me, so be it. I don't see how I did anything wrong, but I do not want this to cause issues for anyone, especially NOBLE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back