NOBLE CABLE CONTEST - WIN A NOBLE 6W
Jun 17, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #1,201 of 1,214

Way to judge someone for being honest. Really shows your character and what kind of person you are. It's a two way street, mate...

many people are taking high moral grounds here and lying through their teeth,,,,the truth is 99 pc of people(including me) would have lied and never told anyone about the video

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #1,203 of 1,214

many people are taking high moral grounds here and lying through their teeth,,,,the truth is 99 pc of people(including me) would have lied and never told anyone about the video

That's exactly my point. At least some people are being honest about it. That's why I've been saying that dr13zehn should've got his prize. He won and even had the decency to tell everyone why he won. Anyone else would just shut their mouths and claimed the prize.

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #1,204 of 1,214
Cheating is if you're breaking the rules. Look back at the OP, I see no restrictions to finding info about the cables online. Rather, I'd see your multiple post edits on the thread more borderline "cheating" than what was mentioned here, but yeah, like you said, morals and standards.

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #1,205 of 1,214

That's exactly my point. At least some people are being honest about it. That's why I've been saying that dr13zehn should've got his prize. He won and even had the decency to tell everyone why he won. Anyone else would just shut their mouths and claimed the prize.

yup,,,only people who probably wouldn't have lied will be pretty rich to afford the noble 6w anyways.
rest of majority would have lied and i am really pained to see the guy loose .

we have no guarantee that the two others who won on his behalf didn't see the video

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #1,206 of 1,214
I guess it should just go unsaid like "No copying answers from the person next to you"  or " No electric eels in the swimming pool"

Hardly an equal comparison. That's common sense, in a test, you're literally stealing answers from the person beside you, which they studied hard to get. In this case, the guy broke no rules, it's a contest with the simple premise, if anything, the guys who actually did their research are the ones who deserved the prize, as they put in effort instead of relying on plain luck.

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #1,207 of 1,214
Cheating is if you're breaking the rules. Look back at the OP, I see no restrictions to finding info about the cables online. Rather, I'd see your multiple post edits on the thread more borderline "cheating" than what was mentioned here, but yeah, like you said, morals and standards.

I guess it should just go unsaid about cheating, like "No copying answers from the person next to you" or a sign that says "No electric eels in the swimming pool" , and yet I don't see any eels in the pool.

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #1,208 of 1,214

yup,,,only people who probably wouldn't have lied will be pretty rich to afford the noble 6w anyways.
rest of majority would have lied and i am really pained to see the guy loose .

we have no guarantee that the two others who won on his behalf didn't see the video

Too many people in this forum are way too quick to judge.

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #1,209 of 1,214
Hardly an equal comparison. That's common sense, in a test, you're literally stealing answers from the person beside you, which they studied hard to get. In this case, the guy broke no rules, it's a contest with the simple premise, if anything, the guys who actually did their research are the ones who deserved the prize, as they put in effort instead of relying on plain luck.

You don't study to be a cheater, you practice it, although researching does 'sound' better than cheating.

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #1,210 of 1,214
I guess it should just go unsaid about cheating, like "No copying answers from the person next to you" or a sign that says "No electric eels in the swimming pool" , and yet I don't see any eels in the pool.

Again, copying answers is literally cheating, and is against the rules in any exams, how is it "not written"? As for the eel thing, doing that only serves no purpose but to hurt others, whoever does it has a sick sense of humor, how is that even remotely the same to what we are talking about right now? Which is a man doing his research to improve his chances of getting the guess right, I'd say that's pretty rational behavior, and everyone cry "foul" to be the irrational ones.

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #1,212 of 1,214
You don't study to be a cheater, you practice it, although researching does 'sound' better than cheating.

And what, pray tell, did he "practice" exactly, to cheat? The ability to use Bing? Or the drive to actually go and find some info?

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #1,213 of 1,214
This thread is just getting stupid now...

Agreed, I guess there's no reasoning with people who had their mind set to him having "cheated", whatever the rationale behind that is. But I do genuinely feel bad for the guy.

Unsubscribed, Grats to the winners btw

Users who are viewing this thread

Back