Noble Audio - Introducing KATANA
Jul 20, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #122 of 328
  Noble makes the prettiest clear shells ever. They look like glass!! Having seen other brands interpretation of 'clear', this is just crazy...

not really nice to write off other brands... featuring the hum pristine

SM_0_grande.jpg

Jul 20, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #123 of 328

not really nice to write off other brands... featuring the hum pristine

SM_0_grande.jpg

Both are really pretty, but I don't think he was writing off anyone else.  Just making a statement that he feels the Nobles are the nicest he's seen.  Lot's of companies make pretty gear and nice sounding too.  Lot's of options, but this is still a Noble thread filled with many of us who love the company because of the way they treat us and because the sound of their gear is outstanding and the best many of us have heard in it's price ranges.  The same posts are on the JH threads, the Campfire threads as well as any others. :)  It's all good isn't it?

Jul 20, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #124 of 328
Both are really pretty, but I don't think he was writing off anyone else.  Just making a statement that he feels the Nobles are the nicest he's seen.  Lot's of companies make pretty gear and nice sounding too.  Lot's of options, but this is still a Noble thread filled with many of us who love the company because of the way they treat us and because the sound of their gear is outstanding and the best many of us have heard in it's price ranges.  The same posts are on the JH threads, the Campfire threads as well as any others. :)  It's all good isn't it?

Agreed! I believe in brand loyalty due to various reasons but I will never not acknowledge that other brands and tuning can't be just as incredible. Just a different approach or aesthetic maybe.

Jul 20, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #126 of 328
@audio123 @musiclvr Sorry if I was unclear, I meant all other clear CIEMs I've seen were much worse looking. Didn't mean to say 'no one else can make a nice clear shell'. I own many other brands of products, they all have their strengths, else I'd get rid of them in a heartbeat. That HUM looks really cool too, although I'm not a fan of so much visible cabling (like the SE5way).

Jul 20, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #130 of 328
Well, I showed my daughter and son pics of the IEM's that are clear.  Nik's a third year senior in astro and nuclear physics and Matt is heading to college for Manufacturing Engineering concentrating in 3D printing.  He's worked for the last two years in HS tech school working with plastics and some metal.  They both love the clear shells, but said they'd never want the one with the colored wire showing. Said they should have used clear coat wire with silver wire (no they have no clue about silver vs copper, just talking esthetics).  They did ask what that large silver square was, lol.  It was too funny, but they love my blue swirl Savants and asked if I was going to be able to get a cool pair of the clear ones as they like them better, lol.  I think I'd have to do CIEM's in a Katana or K10 if I did that. They also fell in love with the new CNC'd ones.  Matt said they'd be fun to make and asked why Noble isn't using 3D printing to make the shells as they'd be fun to produce.  I love kids innocence.

Jul 21, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #133 of 328
  Well, I showed my daughter and son pics of the IEM's that are clear.  Nik's a third year senior in astro and nuclear physics and Matt is heading to college for Manufacturing Engineering concentrating in 3D printing.  He's worked for the last two years in HS tech school working with plastics and some metal.  They both love the clear shells, but said they'd never want the one with the colored wire showing. Said they should have used clear coat wire with silver wire (no they have no clue about silver vs copper, just talking esthetics).  They did ask what that large silver square was, lol.  It was too funny, but they love my blue swirl Savants and asked if I was going to be able to get a cool pair of the clear ones as they like them better, lol.  I think I'd have to do CIEM's in a Katana or K10 if I did that. They also fell in love with the new CNC'd ones.  Matt said they'd be fun to make and asked why Noble isn't using 3D printing to make the shells as they'd be fun to produce.  I love kids innocence.

im the same when it comes to stuff like that, every single wire in my PC is black lol.

Jul 21, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #134 of 328

Users who are viewing this thread

Back