Noble Audio - Introducing KAISER ENCORE and SAGE
Nov 20, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #61 of 257
After reviewing the Katana, I'm still shaking my head over how Noble can get 9 drivers in a shell as small as what they came in. On top of that, they feel really solid in the hand. These new Noble shells are really cool in the sense that tip rolling is fun and easy to do. Experimenting with various tips can do minor tweaks to the sound, and major tweaks (for the better) in terms of getting a good fit.

I hear some peeps say they are expensive, but as far as I'm concerned Noble is the Pinnacle in terms of luxury in ear monitors. If this were the auto industry, they would be the Jaguar of the industry. They are styled for both luxury and performance with no corners cut.

Nov 20, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #63 of 257
I listened to the whole Noble range at CanJam London this year.
I didn't take enough time with the K10's, to my later regret.
I think I would have fallen in love with the sound, given time and a bunch of genres to throw at them.

I want to thank and give 'props' (as the cool kids say) to Brannan, for his exemplary service and patience in helping me to test them all too!

I listened to the Katanas, and even on my relatively lowly xDuoo X3 (Rockboxed) DAP, they were astounding.
The clarity, detail and sheer beauty of them took my breath away. Best IEM's I've ever heard, hands down, and no question that as soon as I can afford them, I'll be buying them (within the next 6-8 months would be my guess).

I'd love to hear how the new Encore compares with the Katana in terms of sound signature.

In fact, I'd just love to hear them, full stop
wink.gif

Nov 21, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #64 of 257
And I'm just here scratching my head with my recently minted JH 13v2's and full-bodied carbon fiber Roxanne's wondering if I made the right decision with all the hype the K10's have gotten and with the release of the Kaiser (Encore).

Then again, I do love how they came out and the sound absolutely amazing so I can't possibly be missing anything, right? :joy::joy:

Nov 21, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #65 of 257
And I'm just here scratching my head with my recently minted JH 13v2's and full-bodied carbon fiber Roxanne's wondering if I made the right decision with all the hype the K10's have gotten and with the release of the Kaiser (Encore).

Then again, I do love how they came out and the sound absolutely amazing so I can't possibly be missing anything, right? :joy::joy:

Nobody beats Noble in the design appearance, area, NOBODY. Last year at the Newport show a gentlemen and his son were deciding between the Roxanne and the K10. They both liked the sound of each, I showed the dad what Noble can do in the art side of the industry, they ordered 2 sets right on the spot.
wink_face.gif

Nov 22, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #67 of 257
My worldwide delivery happened in England, yesterday.

First impressions: detailed as hell, psycho speed demons, clarity beasts, superbly layered, elite instrument separation, natural timbre, very true to recording. Neutral+ like the Vibro Labs Maya, but with a lot more technical capability, driven with very little power, super transparent--I find myself turning the volume way down from my normal levels.  Soundstage good with superb instrument placement, but not in league of the oBravo top offerings for sheer breadth--they don't sound like your standard in-ear, but they don't sound like top tier open planar magnetics on sound stage either.

I shared them with a stranger on the bus and her face lit up like a Christmas tree whilst listening to Miles Davis. She said they were the best ever. These are amazing, but I have to hear more flagships in controlled settings and do head to heads before I make the Kaiser 10 Encore emperor of the universe. It is certainly a King among in-ears, though. It certainly beats the UERR I have on hand, and I really like the UERR and think it is an excellent performer.

Listening to the Animals as Leaders album, Joy of Motion on these is bliss. Not a single transient smeared, not a single detail missed. Micro micro micro detailed. I'll have pics later, but the Wizard always has the best. At this point, I think my DAP, the DX50 may be holding these back. I can't wait to hear them out of my upgrades coming later in the month. :)

Happy listening!

beerchug.gif

Nov 22, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #69 of 257
Nov 22, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #71 of 257
Nov 23, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #72 of 257
  My worldwide delivery happened in England, yesterday.

Congrats! :) Do upgrade the DAP or a decent DAC/Amp. I have a strange feeling FiiO's Q5 (Aprit,2017) with its excellent chip implementation of AKM AK4490 (dual) and bluetooth AptX capability at guesstimate $299 might turn out to be just as good as a Mojo at $550. Give us more comparisons on Encore Vs UERR.

Nov 23, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #73 of 257
What are the likely sonic differences (if any) between customs and universals?

For example, I have Hardy customs and K10Us and I find that the sound of the universals changes dramatically with the fit.  You can't just "stick 'em in" and have them sound right.  You really need to mess with how deep they're in and at what angle.  I wonder if they're designed that way.  

With customs you're stuck with the sound you get as they don't adjust fit-wise.  

So I guess I'm thinking if I'm going to outlay $2k for these, I'd like to know if the customs would bring the best possible sound or if it would be sensible to get universals to be able to personalize a bit to increase sound quality.

Not sure if I'm making sense, but thanks for your thoughts...

Nov 23, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #74 of 257
  What are the likely sonic differences (if any) between customs and universals?

For example, I have Hardy customs and K10Us and I find that the sound of the universals changes dramatically with the fit.  You can't just "stick 'em in" and have them sound right.  You really need to mess with how deep they're in and at what angle.  I wonder if they're designed that way.  

With customs you're stuck with the sound you get as they don't adjust fit-wise.  

So I guess I'm thinking if I'm going to outlay $2k for these, I'd like to know if the customs would bring the best possible sound or if it would be sensible to get universals to be able to personalize a bit to increase sound quality.

Not sure if I'm making sense, but thanks for your thoughts...

With customs, the hope is, you don't have to fiddle around with them, as the housing is designed to fit the contours of your ear canals.

With the non - custom products, it sounds as though you are trying to massage them in place, to better match the contours of your ears, and once they have done so....  they sound great.

Not every ones anatomy is the same, so really not everyone's experience is the same as well

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 23, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #75 of 257

With customs, the hope is, you don't have to fiddle around with them, as the housing is designed to fit the contours of your ear canals.

With the non - custom products, it sounds as though you are trying to massage them in place, to better match the contours of your ears, and once they have done so....  they sound great.

Yes, that's exactly right.  Another issue that makes me a little leery of getting customs is that the ones I have don't always seal as well now as they used to, which obviously destroys the bass.  Probably not the maker's fault - just the body changing shape over time, no?  

Not every ones anatomy is the same, so really not everyone's experience is the same as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back