No Shame on Audeze!!! Buyer needn't beware.
Feb 13, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #286 of 293
Best thing to do if there is a fault anywhere in the phones to call Audeze support and send it to their US facility. Not sure what the shipping costs would be but you would get the phones repaired or replaced by them directly. The warranty is 3 years but I've heard they are very accomodating.

I would trust Audeze, they stand behind their products and they are amazing headphones. I plan to use the MX4s I have for mixing the low end and subs on my own music.

Jun 6, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #289 of 293
Just to share some experience with you folks. Purchased the Audeze LCD-3 in 2014. The original driver died in mid-March 2017. It got replaced then.
Fast forward to this year April, the left side driver died AGAIN !!! And this is the replacement driver.
As it's slightly outside the three years the agent here is gonna charge me the full price of replacement.

I am very disappointed with the quality... Among my headphone collections, Audeze drivers have failed the most times.

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #291 of 293
Anyone reading this thread should know up front that Audeze has already replied and reacted to the concerns expressed here in the same un-reproachable fashion for which we have come to admire them. It seems clear that fantastic customer service will continue to be delivered by Audeze and they have, in fact, not left any of us out in the cold.

I apologize for my "sky is falling" reaction to the news I was hearing about charges for failed drivers; but it felt like the sky was falling!
*****************************************************************************************

does anyone else think Audeze should stand behind their failing drivers despite their age?

Audeze know darn well that they've shipped hundreds (thousands?) of LCDs with drivers that are prone to fail. They are now telling people they will charge $800 plus shipping to replace a failed driver if it's over 36 months old.

I think that is just reprehensible. The ONLY reason people have continued to buy these, new and used, is that they were standing behind them. To draw the line in the sand at 36 months on a driver that you've sold for $2,000 and that you KNEW was a time bomb waiting to go off (fail), shows really lousy judgement on their part.

I will never purchase anything from them again. If my LCD3s fail a second time and it's past 3 years since they were put in them I will just suck it up. I sure as shootin' won't give them another $800 of my money.

V e r y D i s a p p o i n t i n g ! ! !
had a pair of XC's, never knew this was a problem

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #292 of 293
Left driver on my pair of LCD-3 just went out. Headphones are out of warranty. Audeze just quoted me $580.00 to replace the drivers and eat pads. This is Audeze factory here I Southern California as I am local. Does anyone know when they raised their replacement cost? I know this thread is old but I would've expected the cost to repair of 375 to go down and not up.

Really has me thinking to move on to another manufacturer. The RAD-0's have lifetime warranty on their drivers. Might have to make the switch.

Sep 14, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #293 of 293
Drivers are matched and balanced and come as a pair, so both drivers are always replaced to maintain accuracy in imaging and frequency response. The driver elements are by far the most costly parts in the headphones, and with replacement comes a renewed 3-year driver warranty.

We include the price for new earpads since with the old-style earpads there's a big chance that they will not survive the replacement.

The pricing for this service was set by our Vice President, and is not designed as a "money-maker." It's a reflection of the costs for parts and labor that go into the manufacture and replacement of those elements.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you'd like to proceed

Andrew

Received this response when I asked about the pricing being different than the one in this thread. This will be my last pair of Audeze's. Going to go through with repair so they don't become paper weights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back