No Shame on Audeze!!! Buyer needn't beware.
Feb 4, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #168 of 293

Threads like this are what happens when people overreact before actually seeing if issues can be worked out with the vendor.

No disagreement here, my friend. 

I opened this thread as I did AFTER whitemouse spoke with Audeze and it did NOT go well. So you can second guess the results of this thread and Audeze's stepping back up to the plate, but I think it's incredibly naïve to think the one had nothing to do with the other. I already posted a caveat at the start of the thread, I see no reason to change the title. It won't hurt anyone to click once to open it before seeing my message about Audeze's stepping up, and it won't hurt Audeze to have this thread as a reminder of how consumers will respond to the announcements of an $800 charge for a driver repair that has a long history of being defective.

This was not an overreaction; it was a calculated response created to get a response from them. 
I have bent over backwards to riddle this thread with praising of Audeze for their response, and praising of them generally. I think that's more than fair and considerate.

Feb 4, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #172 of 293

1K-2K products prematurely dying? it's fine! things break -_- Drama? well for one thousand of pounds/dollars worth products breaking prematurely for a start..come on son think clearly. It's fine if people want to defend the company but think with a brain at least. Meh I give up! Keep thinking this is acceptable and these issues and it will carry on. At least for me and others we will be waiting until it's safe to invest in this product.

Great - you wait until you believe there is zero risk of a product breaking (good luck) and I'll enjoy my LCD3s while you do so.  I'll stop defending Audeze when they actually start to unfairly charge users for repairs, but that clearly isn't happening based on the resolution in this thread.

A question for you - since you seem more concerned about Audeze than other brands, can you supply the information you have that shows Audeze headphones require more repair work than those brands?  Because I doubt its anywhere near as high as HFMs return/repair rate based on the HE400 and HE560 launch.

what the #%^are you talking about? Audeze HAD told two users the charge to deal with their failed drivers was to be $800.  They responded to this thread as they did BECAUSE the thread exists. On Friday Whitemouse found Audeze being adamant about the $800, no discussion of who's fault the failure was.

early in this thread I thought you just couldn't understand the posts, including mine. Now I think you're just trolling.

Feb 4, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #174 of 293

Threads like this are what happens when people overreact before actually seeing if issues can be worked out with the vendor.

No disagreement here, my friend. 

I opened this thread as I did AFTER whitemouse spoke with Audeze and it did NOT go well. So you can second guess the results of this thread and Audeze's stepping back up to the plate, but I think it's incredibly naïve to think the one had nothing to do with the other. I already posted a cavet at the start of the thread, I see no reason to change the title. It won't hurt anyone to click once to open it before seeing my message about Audeze's stepping up, and it won't hurt Audeze to have this thread as a reminder of how consumers will respond to the announcements of an $800 charge for a driver repair that has a long history of being defective.

This was not an overreaction; it was a calculated response created to get a response from them. 
I have bent over backwards to riddle this thread with praising of Audeze for their response, and praising of them generally. I think that's more than fair and considerate.

I found this response to my post above in my email, although apparently bfreedma deleted it from the thread.

If it wasn't an overreaction, then why did you edit your first post to apologize for "the sky is falling" tone? And now you're discussing a legal action? Based on driver failure rates that you don't actually know compared to other product failure rates, which you also don't know.

Maybe this thread helped. More likely, someone reading this thread contacted Audeze and let them know what was happening so they could address it. Bottom line, there was exactly one unhappy customer who is now a satisfied customer and a very reasonable formally stated policy from Audeze about LCD3 drivers.
*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
why did i edit my first post and aplogize for the tone: because it was the gracious thing to do after Audeze stepped up to the plate, and I did not wish to cause them any harm. same reason that I was willing to change the headline on it.  same reason i responded to a number of negative posts that came AFTER they stepped up to point out that they had, and that that and their past history indicates there is not going to continue to be an issue.

and I meant what I said about a legal action if my drivers failed again for no reason and they insisted on charging $800 when there is a very well documented flodd of failed drivers. are you tryoing to tell us that there isn't? 
Yes, maybe this thread helped. Especially if someone told Audeze to read it so they could deal with it. that was the @#$%& point! 

Feb 4, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #175 of 293
Threads like this are what happens when people overreact before actually seeing if issues can be worked out with the vendor. The OP should request the thread be retitled to something less dramatic, reflecting the resolution of the issue.

Yes, it found a resolution.

You said earlier that this is about one guy. I take it is me you meant by 1 guy, but it really was not about one guy. For some reason you want to say this here is all for nothing, an over reaction. I really don't want to go back to where things were on Jan 29th, but to make this clear, lets!

This is Jan 29th,  here is a reply to my repair request:

'I am sorry to inform you that your headphones are now out of warranty. If you would like to proceed please let me know as driver repairs for LCD-3's are $800 USD.

Kind Regards.. **********'

There is no appeal process. Since I had never seen or read that figure before here, or anywhere else,  I looked up again the 700 page long LCD-3 thread, starting from the end. 

And there, on page 659 there was one poster with exact same experience, his post is dated 12/17/2014:

How disappointing, my right driver failed on my LCD-3 which I got used. Audeze wants $800 to repair it. That is half of what I paid for it. Does that seem a little high to anyone else? 

This post received almost no attention, and the poster never followed up how things stand, did he pay, or was there an appel possible of some sort.. So I contacted the poster via PM, and to one other Head-Fi member who had posted a reply. 

It is was the first time I ever exchanged PM with anybody in the thread. I can only guess that Head-Fier Analog'd started this thread cos now it seemed there are 2 cases of out of warranty LCD-3 and the figure $800 I don't know. We are not friends, we had never spoken before that day. But I am very grateful he did start the thread, and I suspect so are some LCD-3 owners who have sets that are getting to 3 year mark. The used LCD-3 prices would crumble, this has pointed out in this thread several times. And not only used sets, $2000 headphones are serious purchase for most people, so confidence that these phones are good  for years to  come is important. 

I had no intention to start a thread about this, some people take stress well, it drives them. I try to avoid it. I just went through something similar in early January, and that was enough.

The early January repairs worked out well, I went back to my posts, edited every single post to point out that Audeze was very helpful, and my earlier posts that I couldn't edit, I flagged, and asked Moderators to remove them. Nobody asked me to do this, I thought it would be fair to remove criticism that might have been appropriate at the time, but since it all worked out, no reason to keep the trail, and negative posts hanging there for lifetime.

Lets not fight, every one of us could have been in my situation, we all know this, trust me, I did not ask for this to happen. 

We have a voice, but 1 guy really has not much pull, it has to be community effort.  Lets not get personal feelings towards other Head-Fiers be part of this discussion. Threads like this quickly escalate and become personal, lets not do this!

This is important thread, that can't be denied. Audeze replied on day 2, that shows HOW important the issue is. And that shows this thread is not over reaction, it is very important discussion. I would not type this now at all, for me this is over, but I had to reply to you, bfreedma!  You would like to reduce this to be about 1 guy. Please, the issue here is really not about 1guy at all, it is much more than that.

Feb 4, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #176 of 293

1K-2K products prematurely dying? it's fine! things break -_- Drama? well for one thousand of pounds/dollars worth products breaking prematurely for a start..come on son think clearly. It's fine if people want to defend the company but think with a brain at least. Meh I give up! Keep thinking this is acceptable and these issues and it will carry on. At least for me and others we will be waiting until it's safe to invest in this product.

Great - you wait until you believe there is zero risk of a product breaking (good luck) and I'll enjoy my LCD3s while you do so.  I'll stop defending Audeze when they actually start to unfairly charge users for repairs, but that clearly isn't happening based on the resolution in this thread.

A question for you - since you seem more concerned about Audeze than other brands, can you supply the information you have that shows Audeze headphones require more repair work than those brands?  Because I doubt its anywhere near as high as HFMs return/repair rate based on the HE400 and HE560 launch.

what the #%^are you talking about? Audeze HAD told two users the charge to deal with their failed drivers was to be $800.  They responded to this thread as they did BECAUSE the thread exists. On Friday Whitemouse found Audeze being adamnt about the $800, no discussion of who's fault the failure was.

early in this thread I thought you just couldn't understand the posts, including mine. Now I think you're just trolling.

Considering how this all ended up, I don't see how you come to that conclusion. You brought out the pitchforks and torches without giving Audeze a chance to work this out. Which they did to the owners satisfaction.

Everyone seems to be satisfied at this point except but you. Nice work posting something I deleted to try to avoid any more conflict. Classy, just like your entire rant and original thread title.

Now that the only important thing has been accomplished and Whitemouse is happy, I'll leave you to this embarrassing morass of a thread.

Feb 4, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #177 of 293
Considering how this all ended up, I don't see how you come to that conclusion. You brought out the pitchforks and torches without giving Audeze a chance to work this out. Which they did to the owners satisfaction.

Everyone seems to be satisfied at this point except but you. Nice work posting something I deleted to try to avoid any more conflict. Classy, just like your entire rant and original thread title.

Now that the only important thing has been accomplished and Whitemouse is happy, I'll leave you to this embarrassing morass of a thread.

A chance to work this out? it's been going on years. Look I can see you own an Audeze headphone but you can't be blind to all this. None of you post hardly make sense it just comes across as pro Audeze which doesn't help anybody. 

Feb 4, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #178 of 293

A chance to work this out? it's been going on years. Look I can see you own an Audeze headphone but you can't be blind to all this. None of you post hardly make sense it just comes across as pro Audeze which doesn't help anybody. 

Thank God someone else is reading bfreedma as I am. it's hard not to. 

Feb 4, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #179 of 293

what the #%^are you talking about? Audeze HAD told two users the charge to deal with their failed drivers was to be $800.  They responded to this thread as they did BECAUSE the thread exists. On Friday Whitemouse found Audeze being adamnt about the $800, no discussion of who's fault the failure was.

you make no sense whatsoever, and you NEVER respond to the particular points I make in response to your statements.

I give up trying to talk with you. PLEASE this time do as you said you would 2 days ago and actually leave the thread for good. I'm only embarrassed at having replied to your posts to begin with, and having let you get under my skin. Shame on me.   

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #180 of 293
Given recent feedback here on Head-Fi Audeze has decided to modify the warranty policy for replacement drivers.

1. Drivers are warranted everywhere in the world for 3 years. (If you plug them into a wall socket, go scuba diving with them or go mad scientist on them, they won’t be covered!)
  2. We’ll evaluate the drivers and proceed on a case-by-case basis. 
  3. If replaced under warranty (or paid for out of warranty) the new drivers will then be warranted for a further 3 years globally.  
  4. When we replace drivers, either in or out of warranty, we install the latest models with all enhancements included such as Fazor elements.
  5. If you live outside the USA and you purchased Audeze headphones from one of our local dealers/distributors you can send them to your country’s authorized Audeze distributor for service.
  6. If you purchased your headphones directly from Audeze you can obtain warranty service from Audeze USA but not your local dealer/distributor.
  7. The prices for driver replacements have been revised.
  8. The LCD-3 is $375, the LCD-X/XC is $325, and the LCD-2 is now $250

It's worth pointing out that one of the reasons for the greater cost of driver replacement is that Audeze replaces both drivers even if only one is defective. We do that so both are matched for best performance. We don’t know of any other manufacturer that goes to these lengths to be certain you have the best product possible.

If you have difficulty obtaining the full 3-year warranty coverage outside the USA contact Support@Audeze.com and we'll make sure you're covered.

We appreciate your feedback, it helps us to keep building our world-class products.
Audeze 

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back