No Shame on Audeze!!! Buyer needn't beware.
Feb 4, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #136 of 293
I know I'm not losing any sleep worrying about my LCD3's failing,  I'm confident Audeze would make it right and life is too short...

Having said that each person has their own level of risk that they are comfortable with.  I was listening to NPR on the way to the office this morning and there was a psychologist on there discussing the difference between actual risk and a person's "perceived risk" which is normally all that really matters to them but can vary dramatically from the actual level of risk. Kind of like back in December when tens of milllions of people in the USA thought they were going to contract Ebola.  Heard much about that lately?  I'm not minimizing the magnitude of suffering still going on in Africa,  just making an observation of the USA media news cycle's  level of  ADD...  

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #137 of 293
  Are you really that naive and sheepish? So you would be happy saving up near 1K or over for a product and be fine with paying near full price? to fix the driver which should last many years?
Come on dude, you can't be serious in your statement. The fact they extended from 1-3 years tells me they have not bothered to fix the actual issue. A failed driver should be addressed and at this price shouldn't happen as much as it does.

The cracking issue with the wood still occurs and while it seems to happen less, still happens. I love the Aueze LCD-2 pre fazor, it's one of my fav headphones but I'm not buying a product from them again unless they can improve as a company. Audeze are still a small company so hopefully they evolve and produce quality products from top to bottom.

If I buy a product with a 3 year warranty, I expect it to work for 3 years, and I expect to have to pay to have it fixed after 3 years, because that's how warranties work. Should I just start demanding free replacement of everything I own that's out of warranty because I think it should have lasted longer?

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #138 of 293
  Are you really that naive and sheepish? So you would be happy saving up near 1K or over for a product and be fine with paying near full price? to fix the driver which should last many years?
Come on dude, you can't be serious in your statement. The fact they extended from 1-3 years tells me they have not bothered to fix the actual issue. A failed driver should be addressed and at this price shouldn't happen as much as it does.

The cracking issue with the wood still occurs and while it seems to happen less, still happens. I love the Aueze LCD-2 pre fazor, it's one of my fav headphones but I'm not buying a product from them again unless they can improve as a company. Audeze are still a small company so hopefully they evolve and produce quality products from top to bottom.

One reason I held off on buying an audeze during the 2/3 days was out of concern for the wood and it cracking.  As soon as the X/XC showed up it was an instant buy.  I have had nothing but great support from them but that was over a year ago and a lot has changed for sure.  I paid a small fortune for my X and XC with the understanding that I was also paying for a company that will stand behind their products for life.  I completely understand any damage on my part is my responsibility but I would expect any age related damage to be reasonably covered at somewhere around the cost of parts and labor to service.  I don't know what that is but in my opinion if the drivers wore out (listening at normal listening levels) after 3 years that isn't normal for a $2k pair of headphones and they would at that time step up and just take the hit.  After 5 years I can see maybe paying $200-$300 for the repair including shipping.  To me that just seems fair.  I guess the real question would be what is the cost of the drivers and their replacement?  Can they just open them up and swap out the diaphragm or do they have to can the entire structure magnets and all?  Seems like they should have a way to rebuild them relatively cheaply.

I love Audeze and I want to see them succeed but I also do not want to sink $1600 (X & XC) into my headphones every 3 years just to continue to enjoy them.  At that time I would just consider moving on to another brand.

I am also a McIntosh customer for the same reason.  Sure they cost a heap up front but they do stand behind their products offering reasonable parts and defect replacements no matter how long.

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #139 of 293

If I buy a product with a 3 year warranty, I expect it to work for 3 years, and I expect to have to pay to have it fixed after 3 years. Should I just start demanding free replacement of everything I own that's out of warranty because I think it should have lasted longer?

If you are happy with that then I can't call you out on that. You however, shouldn't call people out who are complaining that their very expensive product not lasting. 3 years certainly isn't enough for a 1K product in my eyes and I think people who are having a product liek this break down have every right to complain. These are headphones after all! these things are mean to to last many years.

I personally can't see how anyone can support a company that instead of fixing the issue, just extend the warranty for another 2 years. 

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #140 of 293

One reason I held off on buying an audeze during the 2/3 days was out of concern for the wood and it cracking.  As soon as the X/XC showed up it was an instant buy.  I have had nothing but great support from them but that was over a year ago and a lot has changed for sure.  I paid a small fortune for my X and XC with the understanding that I was also paying for a company that will stand behind their products for life.  I completely understand any damage on my part is my responsibility but I would expect any age related damage to be reasonably covered at somewhere around the cost of parts and labor to service.  I don't know what that is but in my opinion if the drivers wore out (listening at normal listening levels) after 3 years that isn't normal for a $2k pair of headphones and they would at that time step up and just take the hit.  After 5 years I can see maybe paying $200-$300 for the repair including shipping.  To me that just seems fair.  I guess the real question would be what is the cost of the drivers and their replacement?  Can they just open them up and swap out the diaphragm or do they have to can the entire structure magnets and all?  Seems like they should have a way to rebuild them relatively cheaply.

I love Audeze and I want to see them succeed but I also do not want to sink $1600 (X & XC) into my headphones every 3 years just to continue to enjoy them.  At that time I would just consider moving on to another brand.

Yeah I hear you on that. I personally don't think Audeze are worth the investment right now. Companies like Senheiser have been around for many years and have had years to make excellent products. Audeze jump out with 1K products right off the bat and already have issues which should make people cautious. I always expect at least a 5 year warranty on 1K products.

I've had the LCD2 and wan to buy them again but sensible money tells me to stick with my AKG annies which sound similar and are built better. 

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #141 of 293
  Yeah I hear you on that. I personally don't think Audeze are worth the investment right now. Companies like Senheiser have been around for many years and have had years to make excellent products. Audeze jump out with 1K products right off the bat and already have issues which should make people cautious. I always expect at least a 5 year warranty on 1K products.

I've had the LCD2 and wan to buy them again but sensible money tells me to stick with my AKG annies which sound similar and are built better. 

The warranty on a $1500 HD 800 is 2 years. Do you think they'll replace it for free after 5?

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #142 of 293

I personally can't see how anyone can support a company that instead of fixing the issue, just extend the warranty for another 2 years. 

If you meant this statement as a generality, then I apologize. But if you're saying that about Audeze, that's highly unfair. If you reference back to their own post in this thread a few pages back, you'll see where they explicitly state they took the time to identify and resolve the issue. 

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #143 of 293
I still have faith in them that if something happened where my drivers failed anytime before 5 years that was not user damage they would just cover the repair and anything greater they would repair it for a much more reasonable cost.  I guess they will have to prove me wrong eventually for me to think otherwise but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #144 of 293

The warranty on a $1500 HD 800 is 2 years. Do you think they'll replace it for free after 5?

You've missed the point. Firstly the HD800 doesn't suffer the same issues. Secondly do I agree with the HD800 having a two years warranty? No.

If you meant this statement as a generality, then I apologize. But if you're saying that about Audeze, that's highly unfair. If you reference back to their own post in this thread a few pages back, you'll see where they explicitly state they took the time to identify and resolve the issue. 

I mean it in general and to Audeze. Look, we are dealing with peoples hard earned money here. If I made a company that charged a lot of money and then the product had a higher than normal fail rate and didn't address the issue, but instead just threw only 2 years warranty at people that would be unacceptable. I think it's important to have a voice.

Yes they did resolve the issue for the guy and good for him, voices = getting heard. But what have they done to fix this happening in the future? I'm not talking about just warranty but prevention.

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #145 of 293

Yes they did resolve the issue for the guy and good for him, voices = getting heard. But what have they done to fix this happening in the future? I'm not talking about just warranty but prevention.

Well, maybe ask them exactly that instead of giving the impression that they haven't addressed it...I think that would be the fair thing to do. 

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #146 of 293

Well, maybe ask them exactly that instead of giving the impression that they haven't addressed it...I think that would be the fair thing to do. 

I'm sorry, I don't mean disrespect but I can't take this post seriously. Again this is peoples hard earned money here. 

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #147 of 293
  I'm sorry, I don't mean disrespect but I can't take this post seriously. Again this is peoples hard earned money here. 

No worries...the feeling is mutual. 

Feb 4, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #148 of 293

I already paid for pre-order for EL-8 and dealer told me that I will receive mine early in March. So it seem that they already start their production

I will not make a call, international call from Aisa to US is not reasonable. And Audeze already follow this thread, so it's a good opportunity for them to make every thing clear here. Head-Fi is the biggest headfier community in the world. Again, this is a good opportunity for Audeze to make their existing and future customer confident in their product and their support.

And yes, if they can't, they will not a good candidate for my next phones. Nothing wrong with that.

You want to know specifics about these headphones but YOU aren't willing to call and find them out directly from the source.
I have one on order with a dealer as well.  The time estimate is now late March with no definite delivery timetable (Audeze's web site has the same info).  This strongly suggests they are still tuning/perfecting the headphone and that with a few exceptions, there are no production units available.

Sorry to be blunt, but if you want to know the information you list now, it's up to you to call Audeze or wait until it's published.  Complaining here isn't going to move your questions forward.

Feb 4, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #149 of 293
  If you are happy with that then I can't call you out on that. You however, shouldn't call people out who are complaining that their very expensive product not lasting. 3 years certainly isn't enough for a 1K product in my eyes and I think people who are having a product liek this break down have every right to complain. These are headphones after all! these things are mean to to last many years.

Other than Bryston, do you know of any companies in the Head-Fi circle of products that has a warranty longer than 3 years?  Maybe they are out there, but I'm not aware of them.

How would you propose Audeze fix the issue other than recalling all of the LCD3s?  Fixing that many where only a small pct would actually fail would have forced them out of business most likely.

Things break.  Audeze is supporting it's customers based on what we now know, so why the drama?

Feb 4, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #150 of 293

Other than Bryston, do you know of any companies in the Head-Fi circle of products that has a warranty longer than 3 years?  Maybe they are out there, but I'm not aware of them.

How would you propose Audeze fix the issue other than recalling all of the LCD3s?  Fixing that many where only a small pct would actually fail would have forced them out of business most likely.

Things break.  Audeze is supporting it's customers based on what we now know, so why the drama?

1K-2K products prematurely dying? it's fine! things break -_- Drama? well for one thousand of pounds/dollars worth products breaking prematurely for a start..come on son think clearly. It's fine if people want to defend the company but think with a brain at least. Meh I give up! Keep thinking this is acceptable and these issues and it will carry on. At least for me and others we will be waiting until it's safe to invest in this product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back