No more fruit crates! Boltz are here!
Apr 30, 2003 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

JMedeiros

Headphoneus Supremus
I took advantage of Audio Advisor's 10% off Spring sale to get myself long-needed storage for my LPs and LDs. I got the Boltz with 2 shelves. Ordered it on Friday...it was here this morning. After about 45 mins of assembly I was ready to free my records from their college era <cough...er...1972-76...cough, cough> fruit crates and stock my sleek new gun metal gray steel shelves.

I love these things! Not only do they fit a ton of discs, but there is just the right amount of room on the top shelf for an amp, my record cleaner and a lamp. Build quality of these things is incredibly sturdy and they are quite beautiful.

They come with very well written instructions and all the bolts and tools needed for assembly...plus extras in case you lose some.

I am very pleased with this purchase...it has really pulled my music nook together.

BEFORE:

before.jpg

AFTER:

after5.jpg

THE "NOOK":

system1.jpg

Apr 30, 2003 at 8:37 PM Post #3 of 18
Retro to modern in one purchase. Great looking LP storage you got there John.

OBTW, where's the Nite IC hooked from and to? I couldn't see it but thought it was from the Philips to the Corda. It looks like they are in the back right of the Corda, but I can't tell.

Apr 30, 2003 at 8:40 PM Post #4 of 18
Boltz makes nice stuff.
smily_headphones1.gif

Looks great.

Apr 30, 2003 at 8:44 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Retro to modern in one purchase. Great looking LP storage you got there John.

OBTW, where's the Nite IC hooked from and to? I couldn't see it but thought it was from the Philips to the Corda. It looks like they are in the back right of the Corda, but I can't tell.

Yes indeedie...that's exactly where the lil miracle workers are
smily_headphones1.gif

The VD References are between the turntable and the Receiver.

John

Apr 30, 2003 at 8:56 PM Post #7 of 18
I've got two of the large Boltz CD racks-- the neat part is that you can easily add on additional modules as your collection grows. I have two complaints: DVD Audio discs are difficult to fit on the rack and the steel rods on which your CDs sit can bow a little in the middle over time. Otherwise great racks.

mark

Apr 30, 2003 at 9:06 PM Post #8 of 18
What a great looking vinyl hangout John. Like Mark, I have some of the Boltz CD racks. Unfortunately, that is about the extent of my BW's tolerance. She refuses to allow me the Boltz LP rack, insisting instead that I keep my vinyl in an old black cabinet that her grandfather built. The cabinet is actually quite beautiful, with a lot of Asian design and influence, but has doors on it (I hate doors to my LPs).
mad.gif

May 1, 2003 at 3:16 AM Post #10 of 18
Another happy Boltz camper here. I've got 2 of the large CD racks and will be adding another soon. Expensive, but worth it! Amazing how little space so many discs now occupy.

May 1, 2003 at 8:35 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by pigmode
I thought about Boltz, but went the diy route instead.

Nice, very nice. What kind of wood you use in the construction of that shelving system? Looks very well done.

May 1, 2003 at 11:44 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by tanfenton
That's quite nice, but your records don't appreciate bowing like that. Use a book end if you can find one stout enough.

NGF

Ten minutes after the photo was taken, I filled up the shelves so they are all standing straight. I still have two boxes full of records and LDs....guess I shoulda gotten 3 shelves
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2003 at 11:56 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by Wmcmanus
Another happy Boltz camper here. I've got 2 of the large CD racks and will be adding another soon. Expensive, but worth it! Amazing how little space so many discs now occupy.

Here's where my CDs and DVDs live. I ordered this about 3 or 4 years ago on the net but cannot remember where I got it from.

cds.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back