No matter what style, most beautiful recording?
Nov 20, 2008 at 9:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

C-man

New Head-Fier
this is what i which fore,clear crisp whit great wide pic,i like to close my eays and "see" the band on stage!

please help!

today its most hip-hop tecno dub reagge in my ears but want some thing new to my brain! open ass a book!

Nov 21, 2008 at 5:33 PM Post #5 of 20
The mule:i now that i speel like a child! my native thung is Swedish,
but i speak flowent and have a great amount of words,my parents have a hotel in Costa Rica whit 99.9%US customers,sooo talking is Good but speeling smells BAD,I dont post near as mutch ass i whant to in this forum,i dont want to look like a fool!
and sitting whit a wordbook seems like a boring way of posting!

and the search never works fore me,can be a speeling problem!

Really sorry i dont whrite better!

Nov 21, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #6 of 20
The previous link is a good example. Just use words like "audiophile" and "reference" in the title search and you will find threads with lots of recommendations.

One small tip, "ass" is completely different from "as". Would help you if you used the latter.
Wrong spelling for the other words is not that big a deal, but this can be taken the wrong way.

Nov 22, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #7 of 20
113584_cda_f.jpg

Nov 22, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by C-man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The mule:i now that i speel like a child! my native thung is Swedish,
but i speak flowent and have a great amount of words,my parents have a hotel in Costa Rica whit 99.9%US customers,sooo talking is Good but speeling smells BAD,I dont post near as mutch ass i whant to in this forum,i dont want to look like a fool!
and sitting whit a wordbook seems like a boring way of posting!

and the search never works fore me,can be a speeling problem!

Really sorry i dont whrite better!

At least you have the confidence to come to a forum and give it a shot. Good for you. Costa Rica is a very special place. I got to visit on vacation and fell in love with the land. 12 of 14 biospheres in such a small country is amazing.

As far as beutyfull music, try David Lanz or David Arkenstone.

David Lanz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frAAIqY4j0s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT05-...eature=related

David Arkenstone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8L7p...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f85Gb...eature=related

Nov 22, 2008 at 12:20 PM Post #10 of 20
Skål!! end thanks fore every good suggestions!
i will try to buy every one!
i did buy almost every cd in the other tread!(whit Grate luck!)
AHHH Eurythmics just love them time to start riping to flac!!

Nov 22, 2008 at 3:20 PM Post #11 of 20
This is an international forum conducted in english, and those for whom English is a second (or third or fourth...) language may not post as eloquently. That they do post is admirable, exciting and most welcome in my opinion. I do not have the necessary language skill to post in any language but English. Congrats to the original poster for coming here and posting!

Now to my choice, which I am listening to right now, after a long hiatus from it: "Fleetwood Mac - Rumours." To me, one of the most brilliantly recorded works I've ever heard. Layers of texture, tone and sound. Recorded at a fairly low volume, but with dynamic range that leaps out of the average volume. Wonderful "old style" use of stereo panning. Very, very musical. Yeah, I really like this recording. I don't even particularly love all the songs. It is just SO WELL recorded to me. aamefford says "give it a listen, you won't be sorry!"

Nov 22, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #12 of 20
^
I agree with Rumors being a quality recording. Most all of Fleetwood Mac's recordings were well done. Mic was a fanatic about quality.

Pink Floyd, Alan Parsons Project, Doobie Brothers, The Eagles, ELP were some of the bands that put out clean recordings that I noticed.

Nov 23, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #13 of 20
Thanks fore the help every one!
I did have a wonderful audio weekend!
But what have all recordcompanis been doing the last 20years?
To my ears its like the evolution is going the wrong way,and they are crying of losing money!
Wher i work its like if we dont make things better or every one losing money and in the end we dont have a work to go to!
This is some thing that the musicindustry seems to have forget!?
Everything have working in their benefit,like DVD-A SACD and so on,but they produse les in Qvality!

Ok to be fair, ther are some good sounding new stuff like Hige Tone-wave digger, Moby,Sphongle to name a few!

Nov 24, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Something bad tells me this isn't a language barrier going on here....

Go ahead and write that in Swedish.

Nov 24, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #15 of 20
One of the most beautiful recordings I've ever heard is Enrico Rava's The Words and the Days. Wonderful sound, haunting, playful at times and the quality provides a good idea of the musical space they are playing in.

The score to the Red Violin movie is another great one. Close mic'd but one gets a real sense of Joshua Bell's Strad. Wonderful score too so the music and the quality work well together. Some of the tracks are hot though, so be careful, but otherwise a great all around disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back